AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

It could be 30 minutes, it could be 50-60, whatever. You can do seasonal arc work the way PC did, the way many shows like Degrassi do, like Linda Gottlieb tried and failed to do at OLTL in '91. The time is right for it. And frankly AMC and OLTL 2.0 both covered a ton of opening story in 30-40 eps each at 30 minutes. It's doable. I'll say it to the end of time, even though I have no expectation of it happening again. It happened sooner than I thought it would in 2013, and now I think the well is poisoned because of the legal mess and because most of all, ABC just doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*]. They'd rather leave the money on the table than admit to a part of their empire they left behind still having value.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know, I think the critical success of ODAAT has shown that you can go out on a limb with a traditional aesthetic and do well. Long scenes with no background music is classic Lear, and that's what we get with the new ODAAT. A visually stunning videotaped drama series at 30 minutes per episode - with decent storylines and decent enough acting - could be a hit as long as they were to go into it knowing that this isn't a mainstream product. Target soap fans and see how well it does.

• Members

Cross-posted from the Where Are They Now thread -

It's been brought up here before, but this article is a bit more in-depth with their own discussion of it - Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan talk about each playing the role of Reggie, and why Boseman was fired for complaining about the stereotypical elements (which I think many of us, myself included, noted at the time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Apologies if this was posted before, but I found an interview posted in September 2018 with Shane McDermott (Scott Chandler #2).

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2018/09/18/airborne-he-cincinnati-heartthrob-where-shane-mcdermott-now/1337375002/

Does anyone have a preference for their Scott Chandler of choice?

• Members

He was the only Scott I liked. Cosgrove was mostly just wooden, and the only real memory I have of Mayfield is the time that certain attention-seeking site writers kept stirring up stories about his package. 

This pretty much shows why people are lazy and stupid if they base their article off IMDB:

McDermott would go on to act in the soap opera "All My Children" for five episodes in 1995 and 1996.

• Members

I can't say that I have a favorite Scott, because I don't think the character was ever used well, regardless of who was portraying him at the time.  Maybe the little kid who was the first to play him?  But even that's a stretch.

IMO, that's how he is in all his roles.  People who've worked with him have talked about how charming he is offscreen, but I've yet to see it.  It's as if the charisma drains from his body the moment the cameras are turned on and the director says, "Action."

JPS: I was just finding the character and they killed me off.

I'm confused.  I thought it was his choice to leave, not the show's.  Was I wrong all this time?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I have a general Roscoe Born question - He famously quit AMC because his character Jim was going to be in a pedophile storyline, but then he played "Terrible" Tom on Y&R who was cast as a pedophile.

I know the simple answer is money, but I wonder if anyone recalls if Mr. Born was ever interviewed on the subject?

Edited by j swift