AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Y'all - calm the hell down.  It was cute, simple and fun.  I personally found a lot of joy in at least something mainstream still talking about All My Children.  No other soap was featured on this show that featured a ton of past and present TV shows.  It wasn't advertised as this big hour-long, expensive reboot or reunion.  As a huge AMC fan, I thought it was fun to watch and made me nostalgic.  Why be so sour and mean?

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

It's just so odd when even people who were on soaps portray them as such a cheap parody - and it feels so dated, as soaps have no real relevance in current pop culture. It's like going back to 1991.

It doesn't help that when I clicked on I saw Mark Consuelos. There are few ways to get me to lose interest faster than seeing Mark Consuelos. 

• Members

Y'all - call me when they decide to announce a legitimate, budgeted and passionate reboot or reunion of All My Children (or any soap opera for that matter).  Then I will judge with the rest of y'all, albeit a piece of me will still be happy as pie to see anything on TV today about AMC, in a reality where soap operas of the past will have zero relevancy in 15-20 years.

This is a Halloween special of Live with Kelly and Ryan.  There should be no expectations of anything beyond a cute little nod to a soap opera, which btw, had way more former stars of that soap than one should expect for a 5-minute gag.  

• Members

If all they are gonna do is spoof it and highlight things that are used to vilify the genre no thanks. I cant fault Lucci she loves AMC & Daytime

Rippa and her hubby Im not so sure and I wish she would stop doing this with the AMC memory and this sint the first LIVE gas done an AMC skit and the last one was bad as well

• Members

I did not expect anything from this skit. I knew it would be dumb, not actually funny or clever. I knew it would mock and denigrate the soap, so I just don't see the point.

Yes, it was mildly touching to see some of AMC's former castmates together again, but I felt like a dog who had been thrown a plastic bone. In the end, I'm still hungry for what I want: the real AMC.