AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At this point, Id say Robin Christopher or no one. She is most identified and had the longest run, 1987-91, 1999-2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Carrie was skye from May 1996-November 1997

I do remember RC saying around 203 she would be open to doing PP's AMC or OLTL if asked

Ive never seen Anntionette as Skye I know she began the role

Ive seen her on YT clips of Women in Prison from April 1987

Edited by John

• Members

Hayley and Skye are interesting counterparts.  Both found out that Adam was their rich father when they were no longer children, but Skye settled into the Chandler lifestyle so much easier.  Skye immediately took on the Chandler name, I think Hayley was always a Vaughn.  Hayley stayed in touch with her mother and her side of the family (including Uncle Porkchop), whereas Skye was never as invested in a relationship with Rae.  They had such little overlap, but it is interesting to think about what they must have thought of each other.

• Members

I would accept Carrie Genzel if Robin Christopher did not return. She was perfectly fine as Skye, but Robin will always be my favorite.

Regarding Skye's likability, I agree. However, Adam abducted Erica, tried to drive Dixie into a madhouse after using her for a baby, and cost Gloria a child, so I don't personally view Skye as irredeemable. I know very few people seem to have enjoyed the character on any soap, but I saw her as a lonely and emotionally damaged woman.

• Members

I feel like Carrie Genzel benefits from being a clever twist in the Dr Jonathan Kinder story.  The team of Skye, Janet, and Erica were so fun to watch.  However, in retrospect, the reveal that Kinder's wife Toni was actually Skye was dependant upon Carrie not acting as Skye had acted in the past which is a writer's cheat to try to avoid these types of comparative conversations.

Then Skye fell back into her obsessive stalking of men with Edmund and she wasn't as interesting as when she was a part of Janet's coven. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Good points.

It's also interesting that ABC decided to put a character who apparently wasn't particularly " likable'' on all three of their soaps.
From the episodes I have seen via YouTube, Skye was most compelling while she was battling her alcoholism.

Btw, I've seen clips of the original Skye (an Australian actress); she was awful, so it's not a shock they decided to recast.

I don't believe so.

• Members

The exit of Antoinette Byron's Natalie Nash from Home & Away from 2000. Coincidentally she played a recast for the character and from what I read from H&A fans this scene with her daughter Gypsy running to her in the rain is a memorable one. 

• Members

Ms. Byron was terrible in the role of Skye.   Ironically, she initially came to Pine Valley as a profession singer (who was going to look for her natural father) who was hired by Tom to sing at the Goal Post.

And, she was a terrible singer as well as actress!

• Members

I just finished up watching most of December 1986, and I actually don’t think Antoinette Byron was that bad. Her Skye had the unfortunate job of driving a popular character (Tad) out of town and splitting up a popular couple (Tad & Hillary) in the process.

Speaking of popular couples, Cliff and Nina are sickening as hell. I can’t believe they spent so much time and energy on a couple’s second wedding. The only saving grace is that so many of the other, more interesting stories were advanced by the wedding.

These episodes have really endeared Erica and Mona’s mother-daughter relationship to me. For better or for worse, Erica never had a bigger fan or supporter than Mona.

• Members

I wish AMC had kept Mark and given Erica more family outside her children. Mona passing left a huge void, and I never felt Opal or Myrtle were enough. Erica's relationship with Mark was something I enjoyed, especially when his drug problem was out of control. I also enjoyed her concern for Mona's health around 1992. It was those moments that gave Erica something beyond the typical romance storylines AMC seemed to love throwing at the character. 

I personally felt Erica's pursuit of men were among her most dull storylines after a point. Her career ambitions, relatives, drug problems, and mental issues were far more interesting to me.

• Members

I'm with you 100%. These episodes have shown me a different side of Mark. I'm used to the less troublesome character he was in the early 80s and his return visits in the 2000s, so to see him on drugs and better yet, see Erica being downright responsible towards him is really nice. Josh should've been Mark's son from a drug-fueled banger.

• Members

Josh being Mark's son would have been excellent. The un-abortion story is one of the worst in soap history IMHO. I actually cannot remember Erica having a decent storyline during the show's last decade. The Bianca rape story had great potential, and I feel Susan Lucci displayed some of her best work during certain scenes, but AMC ultimately derailed it by having things drag on and the atrocious AMC/OLTL crossovers that wouldn't end. 

On a side note, I'm still annoyed those crossovers never resulted in a proper scene between Erica and OLTL's Dorian.

• Members

Was Anita Santos still on the show in 2006? I'm rewatching the Mardi Gras Ball explosion and saw a nurse talking with Julia that seemed to be Anita but she was more like an extra. If it was Anita did they never try anything with her? 

And it is amazing how Reggie was treated like a background character at this point in the Montgomery family. Lily was given plenty of camera time and story with Jonathan throughout the ball while Reggie and Danielle were barely given anything to do aside from a quick camera pan.