AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Chuck was the biological father of Palmer John. Palmer was not Palmer John's biological father, but he was not Andrew's either. I had been hoping for many years that someone would have rescued Palmer John from the fire, reared him, and that he would return to Pine Valley.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I did watch the revival online after being a fan of the original and while it couldn't replace the original, I did think it had some potential. The David/Angie connection was one that would have been interesting to see play out. I also loved Miranda and AJ. The Cassandra story was beyond depressing.

For those of you who watched it, what do you think were the pros and cons?

• Members

Also, I think a few more years later and the shows could have been much more successful online. Now, most people don't think twice about streaming their content on demand, but even back as soon as 2013 it was still sort of a new concept for most. I'd love to see (I know it's a dream) to see either AMC or OLTL rebooted again online now.

• Members

AMC 2.0 on Hulu was the best soap of 2013, and probably the best soap of the 2010s so far if I'm being mean.

OLTL 2.0 had its issues but was not far behind. Both shows were modern and forward-thinking, and if they'd had proper upper management would still be on Hulu or Netflix. They were the future of our soaps, and the rest of the remaining soaps learned nothing from them. So they have no future.

You could put those shows on streaming in a packaged/seasonal arc deal - say, 20-40 eps in one period at a time - and do it today. The time, the social climate, etc. is ripe IMO, especially for OLTL. But they won't.

Edited by Vee