AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ugh! Still in the midst of reliving the worst period of AMC on SOAPnet (I just can't make myself delete any) and I'm at the Bailey episodes. Remember that little girl? The one who begged Liza for her baby back, then had everyone she knew in PV babysit him for her? rolleyes.gif What a terrible character, I can't wait 'til Fjord Spitball hits the scene. I forget how he was introduced.

LMAO! "so no"

Never liked the character but I I actually thought BA had some good moments in the role...she wasn't half bad. I thought she especially stepped it up during JR's cancer storyline (i remember shockingly shedding some tears during their wedding vows, and when she shaved his head) and Summer/Fall 2010...

2eplikh.gifsmytuh.gif

...Except for this mess, though. Nothing to defend here. LMAO laugh.png

• Members

Didn't Brittney Allen look as if she had potential when she first debuted? I recall she and Krystal were in a jail cell.. and Marissa was being very snarky and standing up for herself by quoting certain laws/statues? I thought that she was interesting.. but then devolved into a mindless dolt later on. Only when she was nearing the end of her stint that she finally got some fire especially when she went off on David for faking his death.

Strangely, when the new marissa came on, it was almost as if there was a new character with the same name. After a bit of adjustment, I realized that this was how the character was intended.. but I think the writers wrote to Brittney Allen's natural personality.. which was probably more delicate/wall flower then fiesty lawyer in training.

• Members

^ I liked Britney Allen from a physical standpoint because I felt like TPTB had cast someone who resembled Vincent Irizarry, Bobbie Eakes and Marj Dusay, and that she looked far more like them than Alexa Havins had. I was sorely disappointed though in Marissa. I really, really wanted her to hate Krystal for selling her. I wanted her to bond with David over the lies they'd both been told, and I wanted David to take her on as a protege of sorts. David needed that, and I think it could have been entertaining to watch. Instead we get another repeat of hooking up with a Chandler or hooking up with a Kane. Poor David. Does he have a female relative out there anywhere who has NOT slept with JR or Bianca???

• Members

The Marissa character was utterly worthless - and unwatchable - until Sarah Glendening took over. I thought she was a breath of fresh air and had real possibility. I expect Marissa's dead now, sadly. I kind of liked her and Bianca.

• Members

Don't know where else to post this random thought but:

Anyone ever see that channel Bounce TV? It's one of those over the air channels that you can get with the cheapest of antennas but not by cable, but I digress.

Over the weekend there was this 70s movie (seemingly of the Blacksploitation variety) called The Monkey Hu$tle and a very young Debbie Morgan was in the movie and her onscreen Mom was played by Rosalind Cash.

Despite this, I can't say that I enjoyed the movie--okay what I paid actual attention to (I was doing like 3 other things simultaneously) but I found that the movie had almost as many unlikeable characters as the set of Y&R.

I admit I wasn't paying full attention and I didn't see the movie from the beginning but the likeable enough characters just didn't have much story and looting played too much of a part in story. Not to mention the hideous outfits.