AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ha! First Terrence and first An-Li! I woulda started watching in October or so 1991 (Canadian Thanksgiving holiday to be exact,) and I am pretty sure their replacements were there by then, I don't remember a cast change (the first time I remember the "the role of... will now be played by" announcement--which as a soap novice seemed SOOO weird to me--was soon after I think with Galen the DA and Carter's ex, though I don't even remember having seen Galen before, but she may have just done court scenes before the recast.)

Yeah Natalie in the Well was by the time I was watching--so I think that Fall. In hindsight it seems like a lot of pretty major characters were being written out just before I started watching (Skye, Joey, Charlie, I think some of the older ones like Myra? Ellen? Anyway)

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Always strange to see episodes where Erica and Dimitri are so close (to the point where she forgets Jack is even in the room - felt a little sorry for him for a second). Too bad the show tore that all down.

I'm so glad "Muckenmire" did not serve as a long-running nickname. Arlene seems to be dressed a bit less "sexy" (for Arlene) here, and more like someone's grandmother.

I prefer Kendall to Noah but I did laugh when he said, "I wouldn't let you pet my dog."

I don't think I've ever seen one of the hotel bathrooms on AMC. Have any of you ever seen one?

Hayley's panic attack...Ripa doesn't do too bad, overall. I had the same reaction for most of her stories with Mateo.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Carl,

It looks like this is right when Arlene returned; she was still sober here. I think she started the sexy outfits after she fell off the wagon again. LOL. She had that sip of a drink at the Valley Inn that she thought was alcohol-free, but it had rum in it, I believe. That's what started her relapse.

• Members

Just throwing this out there: if anyone has any old video tapes with scenes from the Travis/Erica/Jack mess before she remarried Travis and was dating both men at the same time, or during the 1998 triangle with Jack/Erica/Mike Roy, please post them on youtube! I'd love to see them again!

• Members

It was revealed that Mike Roy didn't really die, and that he was working for the FBI or some other secret government agency, and he and his partner Adrian were investigating Palmer Cortlandt over a bunch of masterpiece paintings that disappeared during WW2. He revealed himself to Erica, told her that he never stopped loving her, and that he wanted her back. She was engaged to Jack at the time, but she was torn enough over the love of her life returning from the dead that Jack gave her some space to try to figure out what she really wanted (which he should have known was basically giving her permission to screw around, but whatever). There were some very funny scenes where Mike pretended he and Erica had been kidnapped and were in danger and where she locked him up in a warehouse later to get revenge for faking a kidnapping. He insisted that Jack was boring and that Erica would never be happy long-term with a staid domestic life with Jack, and that Erica would be better off with him.

Eventually Erica chose Jack but slept with Mike first as a way to close the door on that part of her life, but Jack caught them and walked out on her.

This was also the period where Opal found out that Adrian was really her son, where Brooke was accused of killing Jim Thomason and where the beginnings of a possible Brooke/Dimitri romance were laid out, and where Jack's presumed dead sister Kit came to town only to be raped on Halloween by Ryan's brother Braden. IMHO, it was not the best year for AMC, but I loved Erica/Mike and would love to see those scenes again if anyone has them and is willing to share.

• Members

Michael tries to rape Kendall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZMBtyZjMo

Erica & Kendall decimate Michael:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKHhaz5a_4

This is the episode to blame for McTavish's return. Not that I think of McTavish returns as something bad wink.png She was consulting for AMC or ABC Daytime but then she said she saw the moment in the episode with Erica hugging Kendall and she was all "I want to write scenes like that" and then she proposed they do the rape storyline with Bianca instead of Kendall and TPTB's liked and she was back. Michael tries to rape Erica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3E96bLIJQ

McTavish's first episodes back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk3qUc_IU2E

(Carl, this is the actual rape episode. Part 2 of these clips. The clipper separated the scenes.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6n88iH98tQ