AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I also liked the idea of Ryan being Chris Stamp's son. Yes, it was a redo of Anton/Kendall/Dimitri/Erica, but that mixture of parents and kids fighting works for me on soaps! McTavish's decision to bring on Ryan's younger siblings, whom I don't recall every being mentioned when Ryan & Braden were initially discussing their past, was one of the worst ideas in AMC history, imo.

And thanks for the Erica pics, Cheap! I love the last 2 especially.

• Members
IA she is. Some people criticized her wardrobe as being too young and not age appropriate for her but I wouldn't want it any other way. I cringe at the thought of Erica dressing like a 60+ yr old grandma Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Frankly, aside from the fact that he was related to siblings who had the staying power of fruitflies, Ryan's lineage, for lack of a better word, always came off as a nuisance and afterthought. Didn't Megan McTavish rewrite her own creation's backstory and say his name really was Ryan Alyosius Lavery even though it was supposedly John Curry (or some b.s.)?

• Members

I was thinking about this today... does anyone know if Susan's daughter Liza Huber was ever considered for Kendall when they were casting the part in 2001? I could absolutely see her turning it down because she wanted to do her own thing and didn't want everyone to think of her as "Susan Lucci's daughter," but I think it would have been fun casting if she'd been willing and able. By all accounts, Susan and Liza are very close, so it would have been interesting to watch them play a mother-daughter who hated each other. Plus Liza is the right age to play Kendall (she was born in 1975), and I've seen enough pictures of her in the early/mid 1990s with dark roots to believe that her blonde-ness isn't entirely natural these days, so with darker hair she would have very strongly resembled both Susan (of course) and Eden Riegel.

lizahuber.jpg

• Members

She left Passions in 2000 because she was engaged to someone in NY, but the engagement fell apart and she ended up marrying someone else later. She did come back to Passions at one point, but I wasn't a constant Passions viewer so I don't remember all of the details.

Liza is tall and blonde, but she has Susan's eyes, nose and mouth, and with dark hair she'd look a lot like her mother. :)

• Members

I read in a soap mag years ago that Liza's hair was naturally dark (and there was a small pictur of her with dark hair that didn't actually look natural wacko.png ) and that she dyed it so she wouldn't look so much like her mother. That both makes sense and sounds dubious at the same time. She certainly favors her father in terms of the strength of her features, but she definitely looks like her mom too. She has Susan's features Helmut magnified. If her hair was dark and styled like her mom's, we'd definitely see a strong resemblance.