AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching the pt 2 of Jack/Erica clips - Eric, even though he's barely in these, seems like a controlling sleaze, and also a thug. If he'd stayed around I think he would have destroyed Erica.

The scene where Jack forces himself to tell Erica he loves her, and then runs out in shame, is just so well done. It's nice to see Jack showing vulnerability and layers, instead of just being the somewhat self-righteous rock for Erica.

So at :33 or :34 is that Donna and Emily Ann singing? Um...let's just say it sounds like most family concerts I've had to hear over the years.

That Regis and Kathie Lee interview shows another Episodes cover I had never seen. It drives me crazy. I keep thinking I've seen them all and then out comes another one. Soon we will probably see a Trask Bodine cover.

Opal stealing the bouquet cracked me up. That was much more of a Dorothy Lyman moment.

I never knew Nico and Jack hung out. I wonder if they ever talked about Julie...

It's weird seeing Erica with Cecily and trying to fit in with a young crowd. And Cecily seems far more mature here than she was in that return.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yes, Eric was a sleaze. Erica wanted to believe the best about him because she was thrilled that he was alive, and she saw this as her chance to have a real relationship with him, one that she hoped would match the idealized image she had in her mind. Jack saw through Eric and didn't care for him, which was probably at least part of why Eric pushed Erica to remarry Travis instead of Jack.

Then he sold all of the Enchantment shares she gave him to Natalie and fled town again. I hate that he died right before Erica got to his bedside in Vegas in 2004. He summoned her, and it would have been really interesting to see that conversation play out, what he would have said to her, how she would have reacted.

• Members

Who knows - if Eric had stayed around, maybe the rape story would have happened earlier? I find her interactions with Eric to be very interesting considering what we later learned around him.

I loved the Jack of 1987-1990. I thought he was a complex guy with a lot of depth to him. Then they messed with his character and made him more of a Mr. Ethical, do-no-wrong type guy, which is a refreshing sort of character on a soap, but it just wasn't him to me. Jack refusing to lie about their affair to protect Erica, when he'd lied so many times before to his own brother really bothered me, especially since this was a character who came town to deliberately sabotage his brother's Senatorial campaign. But suddenly he's Mr. Honest and Upright? There were other times after this that I liked Jack and Erica together, but none of them ever came close to their original relationship.

Love the bouquet scene - loved the "Oh dear God" look on Jack's face and Erica throwing her hands up defensively to knock the bouquet away.

Erica hung out with younger women from time to time - she took Jenny Gardener under her wing a bit when they were both modeling. Jack doesn't seem to have super close guy friends, not in the same way that some of the other characters do, but he's been friends with Tad for a long time, and IDK that Tad and Nico were too far apart age-wise.

• Members

The person uploading the clips said that there's a fight between Ceara and Erica about 30 minutes into that last clip. I think a few people have talked about that before but I'd never watched it.

"Leave my real Donna Karan alone!"

Genie Francis seems to have had the same stylist as Jill Larson at this point.

It's a lot of fun. It looks like they were both about to bust up laughing.