AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Supposedly TPTB knew how huge the Bianca coming out story would be, and they wanted it to be something that Erica struggled with on her own, and they didn't want her to be in the midst of a romance at the same time. It was felt that would distract from the gay story or something. I can see their point, and if you look at what happened in late 2000/early 2001, it does look like they were laying the groundwork for David and Erica to get back together. Their break up wasn't really final - it was more "I love you, but I don't know if I can trust you, so we need to end this," and yet they kept spending time together, whether it was having breakfast at the Valley Inn, or him driving her home from some event and sitting up all night talking to her, or her going to him for advice about Bianca, or them having sex on Alex's desk... tongue.png

Erica was one of the few people still on David's side after the libidizone debacle on the yacht, and she arranged to get him out of jail, and that was spring 2001. That relationship was still salvagable at that point, but they wasted a wonderful opportunity to pair them up again to stick David with Dixie and have Erica flirt with Roger Smythe and then end up with Chris Stamp of all people. Such a waste... AMC could have had absolute magic if they'd put them back together. Even as enemies later on, the chemistry between SL and VI was just amazing. There were a few times after that where it seemed like David and Erica might end up back together, but for whatever reason, TPTB always pulled back. I'll never understand that.

• Members

Adam was never very good with subtlety was he? ohmy.png

IIRC, there wasn't a huge amount of bleeding on her face when the accident first happened, but by the time they got her to the hospital, it looked a lot worse - the blood was soaking through the bandages. Then after surgery, the parts of her face that weren't bandaged were all bruised, and she looked pretty bad.

• Members

Yeah, I see their (and your) point, too, ellabelle. I just don't believe it would have been all that distracting. After all, AMC's social-issue storylines in the past have always been woven into ongoing relationship dramas between different characters. That's a huge reason why Agnes Nixon gets credit for them; they're never "very special episode," if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, the less I say about Erica's "romance" with Chris Stamp, the better.

• Members

While I agree that Heather Webber's return was a total flop (the story as well as Mattson seemed to be misplaced on that cast during that horrid year), I definitely would've preferred Mattson's Janet. I believe the comedy would've had a more droll, darker bent to it than Collins' gimmicky shtick!