AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

There's a scene from late 2000 or early 2001 or so between Erica and Dimitri... she's in David and Alex's office to yell at David, and Dimitri comes in to get Alex's medical bag so Alex can secretly treat Anna at Wildwind. Dimitri encourages Erica to stay away from David but also wants Erica to keep her distance from Wildwind but won't tell her why. For most of the scene, Michael Nader is overly peppy and smiling, far more so than he normally did as Dimitri. I remembered watching it when it aired and wondering what was up with Nader because it seemed so different. I watched it again recently and thought "the man is high as a kite."

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL. That pic is awesome!

You know, I have to say that every once in a while AMC did a decent job of remembering its own history. Like Erica and sharp objects: we saw her in 1985 with a pocketknife promising herself that she'd fight Adam rather than let him rape her, she stabbed Dimitri with a letter opener, she stabbed Zach with a knife, and she stabbed David with a knife as well. As soon as Erica tried to choke David in that scene at ConFusion, I shook my head and thought "Jack needs to get her out of there before she finds a sharp object."

• Members

I liked them but that was when she was allowed an edge. I hated the decision to "punish" Gillian, first with having sex with David for the bail money, then the relationship with Jake which was mostly about her being a bad person and needing to be taught otherwise. It worked with Greenlee/Jake, but Gillian was more fragile.

• Members

I think thats why I preferred Greenlee. I enjoyed her being bitchy and selfish and having the qualties Gillian used to have. Gillian was much better when she was a vixen but she became way too much of a goody goody, devoid of her spark and interesting characteristics. She was very boring by the time she died

• Members

On paper Greenlee should have been more of a fun yet sympathetic bitch (as I think Gillian was early on), but Budig was so incredibly dead emotionally that it just made her pity parties fall flat. Esta always put more heart into her role, even though it sucked for years before she was killed off.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

AMC has a long and obnoxious history of defanging their bitches. Brooke, Natalie, Gillian, Kendall, Bianca, Greenlee... how Erica managed to last that long on that show and still maintain her self-centered bitchiness is beyond me. Thank goodness for it too, because I always adored her for it. Aside from Erica, it was almost as if someone decreed that all bitchy female characters must be made fragile, nice, dependent on a man, or otherwise unbitchy after a set period of time.

And yes, I would have liked to see Gillian stick around much longer. I thought she was a great character, and I HATED that she was killed off to save whiny Laura English. What a waste.

• Members

I didn't mind the redemption of Brooke and Natalie through the 80's. It wasn't until the 90's where Janet showed up that I thought Natalie lost her spice. Brooke started to become too much of a victim around the time of the Tad/Brooke stuff and then PIerce.