AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks! I didn't like Noah and Julia but it's nice to see more complete episodes.

I was wondering if it was ever said why AMC chose to recast Arlene in 1995, instead of bringing back Phyllis Lyons. I'm not complaining, as Olivia Birkelund's Arlene was probably the main reason I was drawn into AMC, and I still love her work watching again years later, but I have wondered about that.

• Members

I loved Natalie during the saga with Jeremy. I thought Kate Collins did the vapid, selfish blonde thing very well. Once Natalie was paired with Trevor, I lost interest in her. I liked Janet, especially when she was being crazy in a humorous way - but I found it hard to believe that both women were THAT into Trevor Dillon. Uncle Porkchop just didn't seem all that appealing to me.

• Members

My interpretation is that Janet never truly loved Trevor. She was just obsessed with getting him because he was so in love with Natalie. If there wasn't the Natalie connection, I don't think she even would have pursued him.

I hated when Janet (Robin Mattson) and Trevor got married... and he knew it was really Janet! UGH! Don't even get me started on that crap.

Everyone was so shocked that Janet killed Trevor and stuffed him in that freezer... but, like I said, I don't think she ever truly loved him.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

That is when I fell in love with Kate Collins, in all her 80's entitled beauty. I think people did not realize how "odd-looking" Kate was for daytime. She was much taller than the other ladies on the show, full-figured and curvey. Her face was so stark, with sharp features and beautiful eyes. I still think she was one of the most beautiful women on TV. Here are some photos from that time. I love the red outfit, but her hair is fabulous in the purple:

NatA.jpgNatB.jpg

I would have loved for Kate to stick around. Frankly, she had so much more storyline potential than Kiberd ever did. I could see her eventually finding her way back to Dimitri, maybe even pit-stopping with a romance with Edmund along the way.

When they did "dress" Janet up in Kate's 2006 run, you could see the beauty was still there. There was a seen with Janet and Erica at the docks where Kate acted very Natalie-like mannerisms wise.

Edited by AMCHistory

• Members

It made me sad to see Kate during her last few returns to AMC. She really was so stunning in the 80s as Natalie. I realize that Janet was heavier than Natalie had been, but Kate just looked SO different. It was hard to believe that was the same woman.

I just didn't see anything appealing in Trevor. Sure, every soap occasionally needs an odd and quirky character, but I found it hard to believe Natalie would go from men like Adam and Alex and Jeremy to Trevor. Dimitri definitely seemed her "type" - rich, powerful, domineering, handsome. I didn't think she had great chemistry with Michael Nader though. Susan Lucci and Finola Hughes were definitely his best pairings.

It would have been interesting to see the sophisticated cool blonde Natalie (the one before Trevor got his hands on her) with someone like Jack, and given how much Erica and Natalie disliked each other, Natalie with Jack could have been fun. If they hadn't killed her off, Natalie with Caleb Cortlandt could have been intriguing as well.

• Members

Ooo.... I love the idea of Natalie and Jackson. They had a mild flirtation when he represented her in her divorce from Palmer, and she was a bit down and out loosing any claim to the Hunter Estate and Palmer being less than generous his their settlement. Natalie was ready to start a humble life, when she began to rekindle her flame with Jeremy. Through it all, they did give significant airtime to a growing friendship with Jackson.

Despite the fact that Kate had put on some weight, she was still very much beautiful. The show did the most they could to make her look frumpy and almost unrecognizable. Here is a picture from the People special edition hardcover book. You can see that with a little makeup and comb through the hair, Ms. Collins was still a beautiful woman:

KateCollins2.jpg

Edited by AMCHistory