AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This. I was never a fan of his, although he did bear a slight resemblance to the actor who played Alex Hunter, so I guess there's that. But to me Tim always seemed like this random kid Trevor picked up somewhere and less like Natalie and Alex's son.

• Members

Golly, I love that book. I always wished we could have gotten an updated edition before the show went off air. Maybe had Pine Valley seen 50 years that would have or could have been the case.

I tried to model my AMC History project off of that book. Warner did a wonderful job.

My only gripe, there was not a single picture of Jennifer Bassey in the book, and she had been on the show off-and-on at that point for a decade in pretty major storyline. I mean, we got a headshot of blink and you missed him Lonnie Quinn.

• Members

But how great would an Alex Hunter like character been! Tim was a real trust fund baby, moreso than Scott, and on-par with JR. Just like JR, Tim has been so impetous as a child. I could only imagine what he would have done with the money he had from his turning 18. Also, it would have been great to see JR have a real ally. Tim considered JR his baby brother for a point, and their friendship was still strong when they both talked about loosing their mothers when Tim came back as a teen. He would have been in an awesome position between JR and Amanda, who so often found themselves on the opposite side of a battle.

Plus, I could see him be a real thorne in Adam Chandler's side, kind of like the Paul Rudd role in "Clueless," the former step-son you never wanted never getting the hint that you do not have obligations to him anymore.

• Members

While we are on the topic of Tom Michaels, here is a recent picture of him (Sept 2011) at one of the AMC finale parties with a very grown up Kevin Sheffield:

KevinTim.jpg

Mr. Jorgenson has grown-up to be a very handsome man.

I agree with everyone that Michaels should have been recast in any return. Though great as a child star, he never grew up into a compelling adult actor like his contemporary Kim McCollough. Fergus, though not amazing in his run as Tim, was actually very capable on Passions. I think he brought the right look and the right "swagger" to the role of a grown-up Tim. I was really disappointed to see Tim dropped in such a haphazard way. Especially since the teen seen leading man then became Andrew Riddings *shudder*.

• Members

I thought Michaels was fine in the role up until the time he left. While I can see where they may have wanted more of a "hunk" (since that ended so well for characters like Scott), I think he did a great acting job in the stories where he gaslighted Janet, saw Natalie's spirit, and when Harold died. AMC always had a problem casting young people (at least by the time I started watching) and I think they needed to hold onto any talent they had in that area.

• Members

First Daniel, then Forbes March (who was awful). Daniel was just incredibly dull in his first run, and had no chemistry with Lauren Roman (the chemistry Lauren and Shane McDermott had was the only thing I liked about her).

• Members

I'm not talking so much about Michaels' looks as I am about his accent. Tim was born and raised in Pine Valley; yet, he always sounded as if he just came off the train from Bensonhurst.

And as for Scott, the ONLY actor (aside from Philip Amelio) who was good for that role was Shane McDermott, and look how well THAT turned out. :(

• Members

Yes because TPTB were really into Amanda as a self-destructive whiny girl who was all on her own and was constantly victimized by others and by her own bad decision-making with no one to guide her. If Tim had been a constant force in her life, Amanda would have had to grow up and take responsibility for her bad choices, instead of blaming it all on being alone and being Janet from Another Planet's daughter.

• Members

Great wishful casting!

I would have played up the fact that Tim was older and was never at home. He went off to college and never turned back. It was in recent years that Janet spiraled out of control and that once happy childhood Amanda had with her extended family and friends was replaced by an increasingly unhinged mother.