AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I'll hide in a hole. but at the initial onset of Greenlee/Ryan with Mathison's 2003 return, I was very much in support of the couple. I was still against him reconciling with Kendall because of all she had done in the last two years to hurt or family and so-called friends. Kendall was so unlikeable for me at that time, so Greenlee was a fresh breath of air.

I think the organic piece of the relationship was their friendship through Leo. When MMT took it down the line of "psychic connections" is when my interests began to wane. I was still supportive of the couple when Rebecca left in 2005. Her exit performance was heart wrenching for me. My fondness for Greenlee only grew when she was away from the canvas. Seeing what they did with her first return, I wish she never came back.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Eh, Greenlee was only bearable to me when she was with Leo, and even then I thought Leo deserved better. For the most part, Greenlee was a spoiled, selfish, whiny b*tch I hated... which is kind of odd because I LOVED Erica the first moment I ever laid eyes on her and never stopped loving her, but I absolutely HATED Greenlee with a passion.

• Members

I think this is a very good point. Unfortunately, AMC had people like MMT who were both a good and a bad headwriter all rolled into one. I thought she had some good stories and some years that were better than others, but she is also responsible for the abomination that was Josh the unaborted fetus, and I have a hard time forgiving her for that. When MMT was good, she was very good, and when she was bad, she was horrible.

• Members

I find that hard to beleive. It would have been close to 15 years since they've worked together. She's really that petty to hold onto a grudge that long to get his character killed off? Besides she wasnt on long and Trevor was only revealed dead as she was leaving. The character didnt even need to be around. They could have had him divorce her off screen to explain why they werent together

• Members

Yes, this. KC was willing to come back but only if she didn't have to work with JK. IDK if she asked him them to kill him off or not, but IF it's true that fan mail volume was the reason she got canned and he got to stay on, you bet your ass I'd be petty about that, even a decade later. Besides, TPTB wanted crazy Janet, not sane Janet, and no one did crazy Janet better than KC. I could see them writing Trevor off to get KC back even for a short-term story. What did they care? Trevor was off camera and had been for years. No big deal to kill him off, and killing him off would get Amanda plenty to cope with, whereas if they've divorced, at some point it would have been reasonable for Trevor to step in and help Amanda deal with the constant bad decisions she made in life. On top of that, I just can't picture JK and Chrishell Stause working together as father-daughter.

• Members

Is this picture in a current SOD? If so, what is the caption and/or article that goes along with the photo?

Brooke and Dimitri would have been interesting, but ultimately McTavish used "fan outcry" as the reason the duo was dumped before truly exploring their relationship. I wouldn't have seen them as a long-term couple - just a jump to reuniting Brooke/Edmund and Erica/Dimitri.

• Members

It breaks my heart how much I disliked Greenlee at the end of AMC's run. Up until 2004-2005, she was one of my top current characters. I was so fascinated by Rebecca's portrayal. I mean, so many scenes stick out in my head as to favourite AMC moments where she is a key player: Leo's death and receiving his leather jacket, confronting Erica about her father at the wedding that wasn't with Jackson, the first classic Kane family Valley Inn incident... she was so alive and raw. I think the character of Greenlee suffered also because of Budig. Often times when a popular actor returns to a show with demands about their character, that character begins to act out of character. Case in point, Dixie Cooney's 2006 return where Cady looked like she was large and in charge until TPTB got fed up. Or, Eden Riegel's short-term stints that had to be a plot driven PSA. Rebecca made it clear in interviews she had a lot of demands of her character to lock in a return. I hate to say it because there have been so many bad writers at AMC in recent history, but some stars have to remember to leave the writing to the writers.

• Members

I wish Tim Dillon got to make an appearance before AMC went off the air. Amanda was at the center of so many storyline, and she rally could have used her brother. Tin Man was also friends with Scotty, Frankie, and JR... all of whom were still on canvas. I love the feeling of characters growing up together on soaps. Heck, Amanda's own crush on Jamie is something that went back to their childhood in the 97/98 time when Brooke was spending a lot of time watching her.

I also loved that Tim was the first one to allude to Janet's return to psychosis. It was the driver for him sticking around with Hayley after he finished his transplant with Enzo. He alluded to the fact that Janet was acting weird again; but Hayley chalked it up to his adolescent rebellion.