AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ICAM! I loved Natalie & Jeremy. I know some people thought Nat lost her edge after the rape, but I think she still had fire until she was paired with Trevor. I never got their appeal as a couple.

Natalie & Jack would've been great and it seemed like they were heading in that direction after her divorce from Palmer but sadly it never happened. I can just imagine how upset Erica would've been with Jack if it had!

I knew KC didn't get along with JK but I didn't realize she gave TPTB an ultimatum. Too bad they chose to get rid of her instead of him.

Yeah, Natalie did love Palmer but I don't think she was really in love with him, which is why she found herself drawn to his son, Ross.

I loved Natalie & Donna's friendship and how it evolved from Nat barely tolerating her to Donna becoming the only person she could open up to.

• Members

Hmm, maybe they originally intended for Dimitri to play the field a little more, but I think when you bring Dex Dexter to daytime, the game plan is to ultimately pair him with daytime's Alexis. Maybe they didn't want that to look too obvious in the beginning hence his initial gothic Angelique/Natalya s/l.

• Members

So many good posts in the last day or so! I didn't feel that Dimitri had the right chemistry with Natalie, and IIRC, it seemed like Natalie was just going along with a relationship with him because she was mad at Trevor.

Re the Kate/James feud, my understanding is that KC refused to come back to AMC in 2006 if JK was there, and that's why they killed off Trevor.

I loved Dimitri with Erica right up until he secretly helped Kendall search for Richard Fields. I could not understand how someone who claimed to love Erica would do something that he had to know she'd view as a horrific betrayal. I could not understand why she eventually went back to him and remarried him when Jack had proposed as well in Oct 1994.

I LOVED Erica and Adam together. They had such wonderful chemistry together. Unfortunately, trust was a huge issue for Erica, and Adam proved right away that she couldn't trust him: he lied about having a twin, he lied to her about starring in Raising Kane, and he faked his death to test her love for him, which was a big fat failure because Mike Roy was back in the picture. If Adam hadn't done that, if he'd given her good reason to trust him, they could have been wonderful together, but neither one of them was really mature enough to be together in 1984/1985. I loved their second marriage as well with them constantly at odds. I would have loved to see her eventually really fall for him. They seemed to be going that direction in 2008/2009, but unfortunately the writing was so bad that it wasn't a joy to watch.

It really felt to me like after 2004 or so, AMC just gave up on seriously trying to pair Erica with anyone. She had brief interludes with Sam Wood, Caleb Cortlandt and Ryan Lavery that were horrible to watch and the aforementioned whatever it was with Adam. They hinted very briefly at something there between her and David in 2010, but then dropped it. It felt like the writers just threw up their hands and said "whatever, we'll just put her back with Jack again."

The one relationship I so wish they'd come back to and further explored was Erica and David. The chemistry between VI and SL was just off the charts, and it was obvious from the very brief scenes in 2010 where they tied each other up and played mind games with each other that there was still something there. The only times I thought David was a remotely decent human being were when he was with Erica and Anna, and it would have been nice to have that back instead of the one-sided villain we got most of the time.

• Members

They flirted with a possible Dimitr/Brooke pairing during that whole Jim Thompson story, wouldve liked to see how that developed.

Kiberd was def difficult, I think even his future wife Susan Keith admitted they didnt get along at first when they were paired on Loving LOL..

Did he and Mattosn get along?

• Members

Don't get me wrong: Erica was my entire reason for living at one point. However, Joan Rivers' "murphy bed" comment from two decades ago wasn't too far off the mark.

I still think the only viable romantic relationship left for Erica was with Nick Davis (and if Larry Keith had been alive, you bet I would have advocated bringing him back for AMC's finale). Megan McTavish ruined Erica's reunion with Mike Roy, and Brandon Kingsley was just too long ago (although, I would have LOVED to see him come back and possibly romance Kendall in a May/December relationship). But Nick? He understood her better than even Jack, I think.

Edited by Khan