AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The show seemed to ignore Josh's existence once they (Zach) killed off Josh, so as a viewer I ignored Josh too and pretend he never happened. I was hoping that when Kay Alden was consulting for ABC that she would have re-written the unabortion. There was an interview she did where Kay says that she would have reversed it but thought a DNA test was done (which actually did not happen, so it could have been reversed, but even if a DNA test was done it could have been explained away).

• Members

Possible, except you have the hilarious OLTL oral history stories where Gottlieb, etc. say they went to Agnes and got her blessing on both the gang rape and DID stories and Agnes flat-out is quoted next saying "What? I never met Linda Gottlieb."

• Members

You know, TPTB forget that casting is crucial in helping a show sell the audience on a story that is otherwise unsellable.  In order for the Unabortion to have worked, AMC needed a dynamic, one-of-a-kind actor to portray Josh, something it didn't have in either Scott Kinworthy or Colin Egglesfield.

• Members

You know, I hear that argument because for instance my personal tolerance of the Natalie/Jessica rewrites have partly to do with my love for MA. 

On the other hand, the Unabortion was an atrocity not just because it was a stupid story and a nonsense rewrite of history. Erica's abortion was a mythical iconic moment that reverberated OUTSIDE the show. Undoing it was vile not just because of the retcon. 
It was massively rejected by the audience before we even had a sense of what the story was because this was the epitome of what had gone wrong with soaps: a ridiculous story undoing a genuinely socially significant and compelling story for a quick lazy buzz.
It combined ruining the show's heritage with the worst caricature of a soap story, combining in one story the two major sins of modern soaps.
I don't know there was no Roger Howarth in the world that could have sold this to the audience.

• Members

@Khanthe OLTL oral history is available in electronic format. I bought it months ago and devoured it in about two long nights. I think you’ll love it.

When I lived in Manhattan, I saw Colin Egglesfield at Barnes and Noble not far from the AMC studio one evening. I’m guessing that he had just finished taping, but I’m not sure. He was in the Sports section, reading with a grin on his face. I wish I had the wherewithal to say hello but I didn’t want to bother him and honestly I’m not sure what I would have said as I was so turned off by his storyline and probably jealous that he was playing Erica’s son. But I wonder how he felt about his AMC experience and if he had any clue why fan reaction was as such.

• Members

I really hate how the Unabortion has overshadowed Josh time on the canvas. Despite people hating the storyline, the character had so much story potential! He was sexy, decent charisma, nice chemistry with most of the cast and an okay actor. Such a shame we couldn’t see the Jr/Babe/Josh triangle become a real staple on the show. He was handling everything they threw his way; I also loved his exit storyline as the black sheep of the family battling with Zach, another wasted storyline  imo.

Please register in order to view this content

Me too! I have always loved this idea. I remember daytime confidential laughing at this idea too!

Loved that small moment in the shows history. Everytime I look at that Erica Greg and Jenny magazine cover ideas flood my brain. Erica was still a mentor in the last decade kinda with Amanda and Carmen sugar morales. 

Edited by DemetriKane