Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought she was OK. I have never been much of a Lily fan, although I had a soft spot for Heather Rattray. Beck just seemed a little cold, and she had no chemistry with Jon Hensley. She was better with Paolo Seganti, and very good with Liz Hubbard.

• Members

The Lorraine Zenka penned Days of our Lives: A Tour Through Salem, the forward of which is written by Ken Corday, lists Kate's name as Kate Winograd Reed Roberts. They are, indeed, the same character.

I think James E Reilly did his best to bridge history by molding the Kate Winograd character into the Kate Roberts he penned.

• Members

Noelle Beck would have been fine as a new character, or a long-gone one like Frannie Hughes. But Lily was in many ways the signature heroine of ATWT. We watched her grow up, watched her portrayer win the first Leading Actress Emmy, etc. The fact that NB had zero chemistry with JH made a bad situation worse.

• Members

The book may state that both Kate's are the same,but there is a lot to contradict this.

Laura's onscreen breakdown came after Kate W had left Salem and was not a factor at the time,so it was a poor re-write.

i don't think it was ever mentioned that Kate R was a doctor.

Jason 47 stated that Kate W's real name was not Kate at all,and Kate was merely a nickname.

as regards Marie,Lanna Saunders was very ill and unable to return as Marie,so Maree Cheatham was the only choice.

• Members

To get the easiest out of the way, Kate is a nickname, usually for Katherine.

Kate Winograd and Kate Roberts, I would argue, are a merged character. It seems that when James E Reilly resurrected Laura Horton he wanted to resurrect Kate as well but didn't want to resurrect someone who worked in medicine. He wanted a businesswoman, he wanted a diva...and thus Kate Roberts was born. He merged Kate Winograd's history into the life of Kate Roberts.

You're right that Kate's past in medicine hasn't been referenced (though that could certainly be due to a lack of knowledge from subsequent writers who only knew Kate, on canvas, as a business executive.

I certainly agree that it's a poor retcon, a poor rewrite and a BIG leap...but that was James E Reilly for you.

I think Kate is the most versatile character on the DAYS canvas. She can and has been parachuted into so many storylines that wouldn't suit another character and she always works. That's down to Lauren Koslow and her Bill Bell pedigree.

• Members

I think all JER knew or cared about, quite frankly, was that Dr. Laura Horton was a psychiatrist who had been committed to a sanitarium years ago. The fact that Dr. Winograd and Austin, Billie and Lucas' mom was pure coincidence on JER's part and attempts to merge the two on the viewers'.

• Members

Jennifer Finnigan has been working nonstop in primetime. Her problem is that she just hasn't found the right show. I think she's doing well just waiting for the right project. She's already headlined like three shows. I'm not worried about her, but I do agree about Aubry Dollar. I had hoped she'd blow up.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

On AMC Kevin Sheffield The Gay Teen whose brother Jason Killed Laurel when Gunning For her Brother Michael was Played from Fall 1995-July 1998 By Ben Jorgensen. However He wasnt the first Kevin Sheffield. The original Kevin aired in Summer 1995 and was played by a name you may recoginize, Shawn Hatosy. Take at look at 5:00 In. Yellow shirt.

http://youtu.be/aGhwwbMiOXo

Archived