Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah Sheila was only on Days shortly. Cyndi for a year, same with Angelique but then James left Days for Generations in 1990. When James returned, Angelique came back briefly, then Shellye took over than finally Renee in 1993.

• Members

Usually these recurring or barely seen roles are more likely to be recast. AW's black female attorney was recast over and over, with, among others, Michelle Hurd (of many primetime shows) and Cassandra Creech (Denise on ATWT).

• Members

It is so true! The role of Lexie, as much I love Renee Jones, has she really done anything in with the role? Or rather has she had the opportunity? She really only drove a story once in her decades on the show, the baby switch. Really, the fact that she is still a contract player is beyond me.

• Members

Exactly, it is an unfortunate legacy to leave behind for a character. I had similar problems with a few AMC characters when I wrote bios from my history site... some characters had gaps of 1-2 years where they really did not drive any stories. Back in the 80's, this was probably acceptable to a point (e.g., Donna Beck, Edna Fergueson), but nowadays, a show cannot afford and should not be expected to hold onto a glorified extra as a contract player.

I think that this could also encourage, better, more balanced writing. If a show has the ultimatum to either write for a character or write them off, it would force storylines to be better balanced amongst the cast and be more reminiscent of the soaps of yester-year.

• Members

It is unfortunate because it's like Lexie, she who spread her legs to hot young men and was the least evil of the Dimeras.It's especiially sad with her being the only black female on the show. And if they're going to only use a character to prop another character, then that character shouldn't be on contract

• Members

Does anyone know anything about a Jane King, who took over as ATWT's Lisa when Eileen Fulton was not on the show? This was in 1964. SOD mentioned this in a Q&A. I assume it was not temp, because they did not mention Jane Powell, who temped for her.

Archived