Recasts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lorna rocked, but Alicia Coppola owned the role. Robin Christopher was beyond misguided in the recast department. She didn't look the part or fit it and I agree with Carl- she drained the energy out of every scene she was in. The only time she came alive IMO was when she was playing against NuEvan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

A fair amount of Kelli Maroney Tina - it's actually sort of a Kellipalooza considering the most that is around of her is one or two HamiltonBernique episodes - starting around :11-:14 or so, then again at :19-:24, then :26-:27, :31-:34, :35. Hated her on Ryan's Hope but she's not that bad here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3HyeRNe7Y&feature=channel&list=UL

• Members

I almost didn't recognize her but in these early scenes at the O'Neill plant, it's Liz Keifer as Connie O'Neill #1. She reappears at about :20, along with some quick glimpses of Kristen Vigard as Joy O'Neill. Also 5 more minutes at the start of KM Tina, and Dorian dressed as Reisa Gorbachev. She returns at :16, :22, and :30-:32, and finally some at :39 to the end of the clip. And yes, I know I'm pathetic to be doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiqYrqdLHLA&feature=channel&list=UL

• Members

Can anyone clear up the Karen Wolek recasts stories? As far as I can tell Kathryn Breech played the part from 1976 until 1977 with Julia Duffy only stepping in as a temp (not as a full replacement) for about a month before Kathryn returned and was then replaced by her understudy Judith Light in Nov/Dec 1977. Judith stated on The View that she was brought in as an understudy and the press of the day reported that there were backstage dramas.

It is continually stated that Julia Duffy was Kathryn's replacement in mid 1977, but I can find no press from the day that states that, and only that Julia was a temp replacement in Oct 1977 while Kathryn was sick, which may have been one of those mysterious contract renegotiation illnesses, so in effect Judith was the 2nd Karen Wolek.

Can anyone clear this up?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Was this a matter of SC suddenly becoming available and them wanting him, or some sort of ABC mandate, what do we know about this situation? BC obviously didn't suck because they wouldn't have created another character for him.

• Members

If you look at Ann Hamilton, she looked oddly old for the role. I think they were trying to age Mindy a little. After Hamilton didn't work out they went with the Barbie version instead.

Collins was all wrong for Mindy but she would have killed a role like Amanda Spaulding.

Archived