Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Kimberly J. Brown as young Marah. What an actress! I liked seeing her return briefly in 2006, but to think of that lil girl (she still seemed so young!) having a sexual relationship with Jeffrey O'Neill?? Ick!

I preferred Laura Bell Bundy as an adult Marah. Lindsey McKeon could not act and was terrible on Saved by the Bell, although it was her butch haircut I hated the most back then. ;)

• Members

I feel bad for Ann Hamilton. she got cast on Days as the lady in white in FB's only and when the character revealed to be Kristen & Peter's alive mom, Rachel, they recast the role with actress, Pat Delaney

Than Ann recured on OLTL from 2001-2010 as Rex's aunt corinne but the character was a bore

• Members

How was Simms as Mindy? Was she really well recieved by the audience? How does she compare to KT?

She was only on th show in 2002, 2008 and I believe 2009. It was only about 10 or so episodes

laurel.jpg

She was alot less boring looking than Felicity, who replaced her. She was more believable as a con artist but I guess they wanted to domesticate and redeem her, therefore she was recast quickly with someone who came across more like a soccer mom. Kristen had a seductress look about her which is so not what Laurel eventually was over the years

• Members

Very well recieved in fact she was the one they reached out too when HB died in 1997

I remember reading One GL HW saying cant remember who that KS was the difinitive Mindy Lewis

Maybe because Mindy & Nick were so popular then and that KS and VI were dating IRL at the time

• Members

KS was definitely the sexiest, most exotic-looking Mindy. The Alex/Roger/Nick stuff I've seen with her is great! I remember Ann Hamilton being on Oprah in the late '90s, but it totally escapes me why. Oh, but I do remember O introducing her as being on "The Guiding Light" in a mock announcer's voice.

Yeah, the first Laurel was slinky and seductive, kind of like Donna Dixon, and FL was positively marmish in comparison. Laurel #1 would have been more believable competition for Erica, but I'm being totally superficial. Of course there's more to a relationship.

I remember Irene Ng and Akili Prince, the first An-Li and Terrence. They were skinnier, geekier, more neurotic and ethnic-looking (and in Irene's case, sounding, she had a slight accent) versions of their better known recasts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe Kate Woodville was just a short visit in 1977 when they needed Marie & Maree was on SFT

Lanna Saunders was on for six years 1979-85 and played Marie as a nun I guess she was successful but Its Maree that always brings Marie Back

I didnt like Chris stone, Loved Ed Mallory in 1992 visit with Jen and John Martin was great in 2010 and should come back

• Members

Maree is the only Marie I know, i seen clips of Lanna on youtube and she was very great in the role. I have been trying to find Kate Woodville on youtube, but havent been successful. I wish Ed Mallory was the one who could have played out the Kate stuff in the 1994-1995. I enjoyed John Martin as Bill as well and I loved his chemistry with Lauren Koslow and the rest of the Horton family. He was awesome in his emotional scene, being that he had never worked with Frances Reid. I wish he would return as well.

Is Kate Roberts consider Kate Winograd or is she a totally different Kate, if so who was the best: Elaine Princi? Deborah Adair? Lauren Koslow?

Archived