Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Georgianne had a one year contract. She wanted new things. Mary had a two year deal and she quit. Im not sure if Robin quit or they figured the role had run its course. Kin Shriner (Scott) had also left again and that was her major story partner

All I know is Jeff called and told Heather steve was ill and she went to see him

• Members

The Dawn recasts were always the story of wanting to move the character in a different direction. I think the original (Valentine?) was just too green, and the third (Lisa Fuller, now-wife of OLTL's ex-Kevin, Dan Gauthier) was sort of too harsh for the character. They settled on Jennifer Guthrie, but I was surprised about Sharon Case being let go.

Yes, Gerald Hopkins was involuntarily replaced with Sean Kanan. Hopkins did a fantastic job playing an emotionally complex, alcoholic AJ - and had this great story with Nikki Langton... The recast was a head-scratcher. Again, TPTB said "moving character in a different direction." The only direction I could see was perhaps a little hunkier / looks like Steve Burton - or someone just really wanted/needed to give Kanan a job at the time

Archived