OLTL: Actor possible leaving?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps are legendary for missed opportunities, but just imagine the stories that could come out of years of RH *and* TSJ on the show. TSJ is so inventive as an actor and, for me, so much more interesting than RH was as Todd. I hope the PTBs can pull themselves away from the riveting Ford brothers long enough to give this Todd 1.0 and Todd 2.0 something close to what it deserves.

• Members

Twins? Seriously I dont see why people are making such a big deal out of this as identical twins have the same DNA. The bigger issue is the memories and emotions that go along with them

It absolutely doesnt. The only way to make sense out of any of this is if they went a Days style way of explaining things with the two men being twins (explains DNA) and TSJ's Todd getting a brain chip to implant all of the RH's memories into him. I seriously doubt even OLTL would go out there

• Members

If TSJ leaves and is replaced by RH, the only halfway logical route to take would be to do what they did with Max Holden in the early 90s when JdP replaced his replacement: pick up where the previous actor left off with the character and pretend the plastic surgery never happened. All of these silly "creative" ways to try to explain one Todd from the next Todd sound convoluted...and stupid. To try and invalidate TSJ time as Todd would be to disturb too many years of story evolution, and RH is not worth that.

That's if TSJ leaves. If he doesn't, then sorry RH. You don't get to come back and reclaim from another actor a character you walked away from to play a recast on a competing soap. It's the back of the line for you, buddy. Play Todd's previously unknown identical twin, or Eli after reconstructive surgery to look like oldTodd to screw with everyone's minds.

Your ass shouldn't have left, TSJ now has squatters rights to Todd.

• Members

I love the concept of squatters rights but I still hope TSJ leaves. I've said ad nauseum that I believe soap actors who want to move on to other things need to leave soaps within four to six years. Eight years at the absolute outside. I truly believe that if TSJ re-signs for any significant amount of time he will end any chance he has of being taken seriously as an actor. IMO, staying at OLTL will destroy his career. He's lucky. As a white man, ABC is a good place for him but I don't want him to give in to complacency.

Look at RH. He's what? 38-39 years old and returning to the same job he had 15 years ago? Not the same company, the same job. It's not like he's a computer programmer returning to Microsoft. He's an actor with nowhere else to go. Not primetime. Not cable. Not theatre. It sucks because he started off doing the right thing. He left. He tried new things but Todd always followed him and, unfortunately, he kept coming back and that's what killed his career. Now he's a middle-aged guy with a kid, a wife and a girlfriend and bills to pay. I can't imagine what it's like for him to look in the mirror every day knowing that he's the soap equivalent of Vanilla Ice.

I don't want to see the same thing happen to another actor I love. TSJ needs to learn from RH's mistakes.

Archived