AMC: Who is next for Bianca?

• Members

In the new SOW Donna Swajeski states that Bianca will have a new relationship by May (which I think we already knew) but adds that "it's a really great story, [with] a new actress in a role that's connected to Bianca's past".

Sarah? Rain? Lena? Maggie? Zoe?

In the same article though Swajeski says that Bianca and Marissa "are going to get very close via working together", and points out that "there's a nice connection there" because of Babe. So perhaps the "new actress" she was referring to is NuMarissa?

In other casting news it looks like AMC is on the hunt for someone to play Griffin and Cara's mother (SID, which reported this, also goes off on some wild speculation that Griffin may be Adam's son Miguel, which would mean that Griffin and Cara's mother is a not-so-dead Sonya Reyes? :unsure: I don't think they know what they're talking about).

And finally, because K&S love their newbies, the show is looking for a young latina model actress to play a Chandler maid. Let me guess: (1) she will be another Castillo sibling and (2) she will be the spoiler for Colby/Damon. Didn't we already do this with Winifred's niece?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Griffin is WAY too old to be playing Miguel, at least based on what little we know of the kid.

Bianca had horrible love interests in the past. I wouldnt recast any of them. Too bad they did nothign with her and Natalia, or Madiso. I guess I can see Marissa, but I'll have to wait for more.

• Members

Because nothing makes soap fans love characters more than bringing on a whole family of them at once, shoving them to the front burner and shackling them to everyone else on the canvas. That strategy is a proven winner! And if they're minorities even better! No backlash there!!

• Members

To be fair, no writer has really, truly been invested in Bianca since she came out as gay in 2000, certainly once Agnes Nixon was out of the picture. In my opinion anyway. Briefly maybe in early 2003, but no real sustained investment in the character as a whole.

• Members

Meh at this sage I'm willing to try anything--the show's cast is suddenly looking barren again and we need new characters. I do hope they are genuinely tied to a core family somehow--I actually don't midn the Castillo's much to my shock, but...

To be fair, so far S/K have been better than most recent writers at NOT doing this too heavily (or maybe I just am comparing it too much to OLTL...)

• Members

It's a dangerous precedent IMHO--and we already have been there done that with Maggie (after YEARS when it shoulda happened much sooner), and to a much lesser degree with Reece--it IS a relevent storyline I think, and on one hand Marissa has hardly been defined well enough IMHO to be clearly clear about her sexuality, and by the same token we don't have any existing characters ont he canvas who are lesbian--BUT I agree with you.

• Members

I can understand your feelings, Eric. I actually am digging the Cara/Griffin relationship. I am not sold on Griffin as his own character yet, but Cara I feel is a great addition as is Lindsay Hartley. She has great chemistry with the cast, especially the men. I just fear this family could become overexposed and hog up air time. A definite tie to the canvas would help I suppose, but without Adam, the patriarch of the Chandler family around (and perhaps even Griffin's father) I feel making him Miguel would fall very flat. Even with Adam, it could fall flat.

Archived