ALL SOAPS- Mark Collier NEEDS to return to Daytime!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

J. Eddie still has "it." The definition of DILF.

I think he is also fundamental Christian, which is funny because so many of those in Daytime impose restrictions on their storyline and onscreen portrayal (e.g. Marcy Walker-Smith, Steven Burton), but he never imposed any "no-sex scenes/shirtless scene" clauses. I think that he also left the character of Jake Martin on AMC because of how upstanding and boring the character had become.

In regards to Dylan Bruce, I have no idea why Goutman let him go. He was a fan favourite and good actor. I have to wonder if something happened back stage with him. This is further supported by his inability to find any work.

• Members

Oh God no, don't stick Collier in some stupid family drama with annoying teenage, pre teen girls! Now running a dude ranch would be okay...and if he would take lots of baths out in the watering hole that would be okay too....

And did somone call my sweet little Paul Kover/Chris a "himbo!" I LURVED Paul Kover's Chris..especially when he started schtumping Emily (the girl had to do that to get the image of Scott Holmes Tom schtumpings out of her head!) Then they stuck him with that younger frumpy girl who was supposed to be Holden's kid. BLAAHHH!

People say that the last Chris was miscast. While I agree it didn't work, I wouldnt call it a miscast..it had to look good on paper. A cute but not steroid studly guy with a lot of charm who the viewers love and is used to playing the son of a beloved vet couple. But it didnt work at all. Weird!

• Members

Paul Korver, bless his shirtless chest, simply could not act. That said, I still liked him better than Bailey Chase, who was wooden and clearly too old for the role. Moreover, I don't think he ever got over trying to put Jessie Dunphy's age out of his head.

I love Danny Cosgrove, and I agree, on paper that casting was a home run. I think the sudden revamp of the character (from a screw up to a whacky Brad-clone screw up) and the cancellation just doomed any shot Cosgrove had to put any stamp on the character. I LOVED his interaction with Bob,Kim and Barbara. I think he fit into the Hughes family well. (Oddly, I don't recall any scenes with Tom, but then again SH is such an energy drain, I probably just don't remember).

It was the pairing with Teri Columbino that was an EPIC fail. Why that was, I'm not sure. I can speculate, but for whatever reason, there was nothing there. And it wasn't like TIIC didn't spend plenty of precious time trying to make it work.

• Members

I thought Korver got better once they moved Chris away from the Abigail stuff. He wasn't great but he wasn't any worse than most of the younger actors given stories in those years - he was better than a few of them.

The main problem with Chris' return was that it was in a void. The Hughes family was depleted and his relationship with his parents was just going over old ground. They should have had people like Andy, Frannie, Sabrina, around. They could have had Rick Ryan come back, Kim's nephew, since Chris probably didn't know all the sordid stuff going on when Kim and Bob first met. The only rivalry they had for Chris was with Reid, who had no ties to anyone and whose scenes with Chris were mostly salvaged by ESS.

Chris as a character never existed, due to the constant recasting and the poor stories, and then you have him return for a story that was solely about Katie. I'm still cringing when I think back to all the scenes devoted to Katie's torment and how will Katie cope? The man was dying and they kept cutting to Katie's agony - and frankly, Terri Conn didn't exactly sell me on Katie being all that upset.

• Members

The TIIC clearly sold themselves on Katie being the show's "sweetheart". *eyeroll* Personally, while I guess ensuring Katie's future "happiness" would have given the character closure, TIIC would have been better served simply building a Katie/Chris friendship to the last episode, when Katie would have finally realized she felt "something more" and left the future up in the air somewhat.

There was nothing wrong with Cosgrove's acting. It couldn't overcome the bad writing and chemistry void. I think the only reason ESS came off looking better is because he was a completely new character.

• Members

Cosgrove was OK but there wasn't really anything to act. He did a good job on GL, at least after a while, but that character had some natural edge and also had interesting relationships with family and lovers. I don't think he really ever connected to the role of Chris, because there was no role. I think the only way to bring Chris back would have been in a very different story.

I also never understood why the show ignored the history Katie and Chris had.

• Members

Because TIIC didn't want to remind the audience Katie have ever been "less" than a perkily cute and harmless schemer. She never really recovered from her BSC time going after Simon for the diamond heist after she'd screwed him and cheated on Mike.

• Members

I would love for Mark Collier to come to Days as a recast Eric Brady. I know he looks nothing like Jensen Ackles. But who cares. He comes back to Salem involved hot and heavy with a new beautiful woman. Comcast decides to spice up Days by making a special twice a week episode on one of their NBC/Universal cable channels and air nudity. That's why Mark Collier comes to Days. He would not mind shedding clothes to help the Soap. Then when he starts to settle in life in Salem with his girlfriend- a shocking person comes to Salem with a secret. Eric's male lover from Colorado days follows him to Salem. Because he can't give Eric up. The heat is so hot between the two that hot sex insues. Eric wanted to leave his gay life behind him. But it follows him to Salem. And the Cable version can show all of scenes between the two with nudity. LOL! Days hires a writer from Sex and the City and one from the Logo channel to pen Eric's struggles with his gay soulmate and his desire to live a straight life. My number one pick to play His lover is Donn Swaby- who played the first Chad on Passions. But Dylan Bruce would be a great choice also to play his lover.I can only dream.

Archived