ALL SOAPS- Mark Collier NEEDS to return to Daytime!

• Members

I think it comes down to the general contempt for the Hughes family that Goutman/Sheffer/Passanante may have felt, especially since they were not "their" characters. To have Chris gone for a year and a half after Paul Korver was a mistake, then the poor recast of Alan White, and so on.

But I guess that's taking away from the point of the thread so I will stop moaning.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure it was about McCouch's return. They never had story for Chris when Bruce was hired. Flucking Emily (one of a long line, let's face it) Breaking up the snoozeworthy Alison and Aaron? Boring. If Bruce is out in LA, I can't imagine he'd have wanted to return to ATWT anyway for the handful of appearances Cosgrove got.

OH, and this REHIRE COLLIER stuff needs to die. IRONICALLY, OLTL could use a hunk or five that could actually manage to walk and talk shirtless.

I dread the day I see "Y&R hires ex-ATWT Actor" and it actually is Collier getting a job. If they ever want to give PhillipIII a gay romance, Collier would make a better P3 than Bierdz, who just keeps looking weirder and weirder with each surgery.

• Members

as much as I want Page back, I cant seem him returning as he actually has a career outside of daytime. He's had no problem finding work and has had several roles and guest spots on primetime shows. The character should have been recasted years ago. It would be very interesting now bc he is a brother to Kendall and David, connecting the two

Yep, Trey was Kendall's brother. He also is David's brother and he was played by Sam Page. Loved him as well

• Members

I liked Mark Collier a lot, but I don't know if I even want to see him on another daytime soap. I always picture him on some kind of modern western/soap hybrid. Widowed father of three girls running a dude ranch kind of thing. If they ever remade The Rifleman, he would be the perfect Lucas McCain.

I never thought about it, but yeah, he would definitely make an interesting Trey. He didn't have a whole lot of charisma as Chris, though, and pre-reformed Trey was pretty charismatic. Bruce would definitely do a good job pulling off creepy, though.

• Members

I agree with you there- I FLOVED Dylan Bruce as Chris- easily my favorite of all the Chris's I watched in 10 years, even Bailey Chase and Paul Korver. He had a natural charisma and chemistry with all his leading ladies, even Marnie Schulenberg's Allison. I actually somewhat cared about Allison's storyline when she was paired with Chris- Schulenberg actually came alive with Bruce, which is a true testament to his talent.

Who knows, but I am pretty sure that it WAS indeed to make room for Grayson McCouch to return. Too bad because I'd take Bruce over McCouch (at least in his 2nd run anyway) in a heartbeat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone else saying this and I might express some annoyance, but you've earned it. I remember our pro-Matie (me) and anti-Matie (you) fights in the ATWT threads back when the show was still good. Your hatred for Collier is well documented, so it's no surprise to see you in here with the Anti-Collier stance.

Seriously, though, the guy just has this natural appeal and charisma that is missing in a vast majority of soap hunks right now. Ironically, I think Collier would be GREAT on Y&R and I'd LOVE to see him re-paired with Maura. Question he is, who would he play?

• Members

He was probably my favorite adult Chris too. I remember loving teenChris, the one who was smoking in the Milltown Church basement and thought he started the fire. Korver was a himbo, Chase was completely wooden. I love Danny Cosgrove, but he was miscast as Chris.

It's funny, I actually liked Mike when he came back in the fall of '09. Of course, I think I liked the girl playing his wife more...and I knew it was a limited engagement, which made it easier to swallow.

Sigh...I get all warm and tingly remembering my hatred of Matie. Them were some good ol' days. :D

Good Lord, bite your tongue. Maura's challenged enough without hanging that talentless hack around her neck. He is one of the few co-stars she NEVER had chemistry with.

Theoretically, I can't think of a previous role he'd fit into. Of course, my Y&R history is a little weak. The one role that pops into my head is Cole Howard, previously played by J.Eddie Peck. I don't think Collier could pull off being a writer, but age-wise, he'd be about right.

• Members

LOL...I just looked it up, he was born in '58, making him 52. YIKES. I didn't think he was that much older than his character was supposed to be. Kinda creeps me out now, since he was smacking up on Heather Tom's Victoria.

Archived