2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been noticing that. All I could think was yeah maybe to cut costs or something, or maybe quick re-writes since these scenes were taped a month ago around the time it was announced Becky Herbst got her job back. Maybe that could be why things seem so rushed? From what I heard the show had something totally different planned then what's currently playing right now. IDK. Let me stop speculating, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Yeah, I think it was. We all guessed he would show up at AMC but didn't expect this long for it to happen. And when it did, D&D are fired! I hope Broderick brings back Fred Johnson to help her usher the show out.

• Members

So this all started with Whitesell getting the boot from Days, Sony places him at Y&R and boots Casiello, Tomlin picks off Dunn from AMC to replace Whitesell, and Gold replaced Dunn at AMC...what a soap opera. I wish Casiello the best but he was obviously axed for Whitesell. But now...where has Bloom landed...this Angie story and the Erica story have Bloom written all over them...remember she was at ABC..who else thinks she's penning stories for AMC?

• Members

Speaking of Lloyd "Lucky" Gold, I attended a staged reading of his newest play, "Renaissance," last week @ St. Thomas Episcopal Church in NYC. Not bad. I actually wanted to talk with him afterward about his play, but didn't.

Archived