2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, nowadays when it comes to daytime, scriptwriting is scriptwriting is scriptwriting. Anything that advances the plot from A to B with whatever basic dialogue seems to be serviceable these days. It's all pretty stilted and lacking in depth. Paint-by-numbers soap writing, essentially. Unless you're looking for subtle differences between shows, there's really very little difference, which is no surprise, since many of these writers are recycled from show to show. I think years ago when you had people like Harding, Doug, Bill and Agnes who probably edited scripts pretty comprehensively to jibe with the tone of their shows, there were noticeable differences in quality and tone. Today, I think not so much. JMO.

• Administrator

He wrote 3 scripts for GH in 2009 and 10 scripts in 2010.

With Josh Griffith helping MAB write the show, they needed an extra producer. When the strike ended, Josh went back to producing full time so they didn't need Sally as producer anymore.

• Members

Seriously Frons just needs to go and LB would take the position.

But I have to say LB did a GOOD job when she came on as interim HW. Even with Fron's interference, The Greenlee reveal was AMAZING, and AMC actually went back to it's roots and history and she wrote some good episodes for the vets such as David, Julia, Susan, Michael and even wrote some good stuff for the newer actors.

Also she was the one that wrote that AMAZING episode for Jame Mitchell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just of special note: General Hospital scripts have been written by outline writers this week (3/21). Michael Conforti (Monday), Garin Wolf (Wednesday) and Meg Bennett (Thursday). So far, the only script writer was Susan Wald on Tuesday's show. Anyone have any insight behind this development -- before speculation runs wild?

Archived