Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

ABC fired her due to them cutting 20 scripted new episodes this year. :) So I doubt it.

I am behind then, thanks. Wow, that is awful for her :(

Speaking of more African American writers, AMC NEED Michelle Patrick back. Do you with IF Megan comes back she would bring Michelle as well?

http://cbs.soapsinde...-on-n.html#more

Found this article over at CBS SID

Susan Dansby -- the four-time Daytime Emmy winner and Writers Guild Of America Award recipient who was responsible for penning the final two years of AS THE WORLD TURNS scripts -- has been snapped up by THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS. "I'm going to Y&R around February 6 to start writing," she tells Soaps In Depth of what will be a six-week trial. "I'm told Y&R has been doing this a lot lately. They put few writers under contract; [instead] they bring them in and see if they get a feel for it or not."The opportunity to start putting words into the mouths of beloved Y&R characters like Victor and Nikki has Dansby "incredibly excited and incredibly nervous. History plays such a huge role in Y&R, so I really needed to learn that," she admits. Luckily, Dansby has someone on speed dial who can help! "My mom watched [the show], so she was my first phone call when I got this deal!" she says with a laugh. Although she says that she never requests specific writing assignments, Dansby -- a recent cancer survivor -- is intrigued by the possibility of creating dialogue for Lily that will reflect their shared experience.

Dansby certainly heads to her new job with a strong daytime background: In addition to writing for ATWT, she's also worked as a director on GUIDING LIGHT, GENERATIONS, GENERAL HOSPITAL and PORT CHARLES. However, the online buzz is that viewers are curious to see what unique things she'll bring to Y&R... and more specifically, the African-American characters on the show's canvas. "I think the conversation got started about the disparity between what's on the camera and who's working behind it," she explains. "I think there's a new sensitivity."

Semi-interesting interview with Karen Harris conducted recently by Soaps.com:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Karen Harris: ...we were told at one point if it's a choice between getting it in on time and getting it in good, get it in on time.

Karen Harris: ...When you're cutting everything else, how it reads and how it plays is all that's left... I mean taking the time to write it right is the one thing you have to do that shouldn't cost you any money.