Jacqueline Courtney Passed Away!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That DTR was the first time I (and many others) saw the late Nancy Pinkerton's Dorian. Such a treat that she's captured on tape, but at the same time I wonder what that scene would look like with Robin Strasser (Rachel and Alice!) in the role.

• Members

It's been a bad year for soap legends - Nancy, Jacquie, and Dixie, among others. It makes you appreciate what we still have. I know in the last few years I've started feeling that way more and more about Robin Strasser and Jeanne Cooper and Erika Slezak, among many others. I wonder how Robin must feel about this.

I think that Robin's Dorian did have a few scenes with Jacquie/Pat (they were on the show together from about 79-83) but not intensive. They would have if Robin had played Cathy but she didn't want to repeat history.

• Members

This is really sad. My mom was a die-hard AW fan in the 70s. I mean DIE-HARD! I think I have more memories of Susan Harney as Alice, just because I was older when she appeared, but my earliest soap memories are of watching Jackie and George on AW at my mom's side when I was about 7 or 8. Just some warm memories of that time with my mom. I loved Jackie on OLTL too and enjoyed her short comeback on AW in the mid-80s. Just a really sad day in the soap world, and it impresses upon me that this genre, at least in its current form, is not long for this world.

• Members

Oh yes of course, James Mitchell too, but Carl was responding to my post about so many women passing so young these days.

Carl, I'm sure you've seen the other Daytime to Remember episode where JC shares the screen with RS's Dorian. Jacqueline Courtney, Robin Strasser, Linda Dano, all of those Another World divas and Mr. Clint Ritchie. Wow.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NDcC2iBxPOA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NDcC2iBxPOA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/NDcC2iBxPOA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BTW, I wonder if it was Jacqueline Courtney, Robin Strasser, or Erika Slezak (maybe even Susan Lucci?) who Joe Stuart told Linda Dano that she'd never be like when she quit OLTL, that she'd never play lead. Hmmm... I'm thinking Robin.

• Members

Yes I've seen that, SFK. I always shake my head at Linda's hair from that era. Such a talented cast then, so talented some of them only showed their true range elsewhere.

I have a few soap magazine articles with Jacqueline I'll try to put up, if that isn't too morbid.

• Members

LOL, no that wouldn't be too morbid, a loving tribute. ^_^ Hopefully her daughter will stumble upon this thread and catch some old articles of her mom that she's perhaps never seen.

I get so tickled watching Linda in that clip, she's just as handsy as ever. And I can't help but think she bought that tweed suit herself.

• Members

I think, although it might have been Mac's funeral, that another of her final appearances on soaps was as a madam on Loving. She had always wanted to play a bad girl and had never been given the opportunity. It's nice that she got that chance. And it's nice to think that she basically played out her entire soap career on Agnes Nixon shows.

Archived