Jacqueline Courtney Passed Away!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is such terribly sad news! I always hoped we'd see her again on OLTL, if only for a short stint. May she rest in perfect peace. My heart goes out to her family. A daytime legend, no ifs, ands, or buts about that.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/KIrnuVEgP3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/KIrnuVEgP3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/KIrnuVEgP3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

This is absolutely saddening. I knew she still kept up with soaps given her letter war against striking back at Paul Rauch back in 2004 yet I don't believe she ever did daytime after 1989 despite being a major star whose age is on par with that of Deidre Hall and Jess Walton. May she rest in peace.

• Members

What a terrible loss. Jacqueline Courtney was such a distinctive presence, those model looks with that husky voice. She was in soaps starting in her early teens, and then hit the big time with AW, helping to lift the show from ratings doldrums. She, Rauch, and George Reinholt basically were the first scandal story of the soap press. Then she and Reinholt brought a million viewers to OLTL when the show was going through problems.

It's a shame that she is basically forgotten and that her return to AW did not work out.

I really loved her return in 1989 when she and Rachel talked about Steve and how they always think of him.

We have so few legends left for daytime...

• Members

I've only seen a small portion of her work on daytime but she was clearly of a different breed than today's leading ladies. For all the [!@#$%^&*] talked about her - by Harding Lemay who had his valid reasons for wanting to overhaul AW, by OLTL historians who know that one of the executive producers sought to use her to supplant Erika Slezak - whatever the backstage skullduggery, all I ever saw onscreen was a classy, strong modern woman who commanded attention and had an incredible voice. So brava to her, and she is daytime royalty - she will be missed.

Archived