Jacqueline Courtney Passed Away!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl, do you remember that old mag, "Rona Barret's Daytimers"? A bit of a rag, but it always had good color pics! Anyway, I have always remembered a little scoop they printed in their "news" section. The cast had assembled for a party for Judith Light, and the story said: "Oh so conspicuous by her absence was Jacquie Courtney". Now, maybe the woman had something else to do, but because of that little blurb, I always suspected that Jacquie was not pleased with Judith's rise to prominence on the show. She literally eclipsed Jacquie (and every one else, for that matter) in terms of popularity and screen time.

• Members

I've often heard Vana Tribbey, who was M*A*S*H actor Larry Linville's wife was considered quite good but she didn't last more than seven months there in 1981. Borgeson was terrible from old shows and clips I've seen. Regarding Pfenning there was an ancedote back on the old WOST site in which a fan watching AW when Bill Woliff announced Pfenning took over from Harney that the viewer asked "what's a Wesley Ann Pfenning?". Pfenning I believe is regarded as the worst of the five Alices.

• Members

I have read a few of those, yeah. Some gorgeous color photos, as you mention (I have one of Rose Alaio - love her!).

I can see where there might have been some unhappiness there, as Judith was opposite to Jacquie in many ways, in appearance, acting style, and daytime experience. Of course that could have just been gossip.

I love the photo you posted. So gorgeous.

Most of my Alice experience is with AWHP photos, but I wasn't bowled over by most of them. I thought the fire and rescue scenes and all that with Harney's Alice were unintentionally hilarious, and badly acted, but then how can you act that type of scene? It doesn't exactly call for Method acting, one would hope.

• Members

I actually liked Borgeson. No, she wasn't the greatest actress in the world, but I remember her having a ton of warmth and charisma, which made her very watchable. I tend to believe that she was a casualty in the whole Steve returns from the dead clusterfu**. I think either Corinne Jacker or L. Virgina Browne was the HW during that time, and the writing during that time was terrible. I remember Tribbey's interpretation of Alice being very cold and distant. Agreed that Wesley Ann Pfenning was the worst of the Alices. Remind me, was Sally Frame on the show with either Borgeson or Tribbey. I remember her with Harney and then later of course with Courtney (Mary Page Keller), but I don't recall if the character was on the canvass with Borgeson or Tribbey.

• Members

To answer an earlier question,Susan Trustman was the first Pat. After being on the show almost every day in the first few years,she either left at the end,or asked to be released from her contract.

Re Sally. After Julie Phillips left (she was on with Pfenning for a spell I think) Sally was written out until Jennifer Runyon came on in March 81 .She was on with both Tribbey and Borgeson.as Tribbey started inFeb 81.

Archived