Y&R week of December 13

• Members

What was that about Sharon birthin' little Faith in a mental ward? Seriously? Mental Ward? Explains a lot.

Sigh...I'm seriously not used to seeing Maura have so little chemistry with an actor. Both of them just looked all kinds of uncomfortable today.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's hypocritical for Nikki to judge Sharon when the same judgments can be & have been made about her.

It's a stretch to call Sharon & Cameron's one night stand an affair (especially since he beat her up afterward & they never were together romantically beyond that night).

What Nick had with Grace & Phyllis were affairs.

Did Sharon cheat? Yep.

Was it a stupid decision? Yep.

Did it lead to Cassie's death? Arguably.

What's often forgotten in the rush to bash Sharon for her pre marriage to Jack "affairs" is that Nick cheated first, never told Sharon about his affairs until he was caught & his affairs occurred for no reason besides being horny.

Josh Morrow doesn't like it either &

• Members

Did Diane inherit the story they might have given to Christine? Years ago they teased Christine/Victor and this time Nick and Christine were making out.

Having Sharon so apathetic about Faith's "death" was such a horrible writing choice. I've never believed any affection she feels for that baby. I don't even know why they gave Shick their miracle baby. They don't care. The child is just a pawn. It just cheapened all that stuff about Cassie reappearing and knowing they would be together and blah blah blah.

PJ, Sharon was in a mental ward because she had lied to Nick that the baby wasn't his, as she wanted him to stay with Phyllis for the sake of their ill daughter, Summer. Being without Nick caused her to start stealing from the local Kinko's again.

• Members

I don't think Nikki owns her past, in fact, I think she's very ashamed of it. Thanks to her association with Victor, she never had to do any work or work for any respect. She revealed in that type of lifestyle where she got what she wanted because of who she was married to. Contrast that with someone like Jill, who was a social climber that used her sexuality to get places, but worked her ass off to be taken seriously as a businesswoman and for her own intelligence.

• Members

Morrow's issue is probably more about the impending story than Maura which is understandable since it's an inevitable train wreck but his objections don't really matter since all he's gonna do is sleepwalk through everything anyway. :lol:

Totally.

But she can't be too surprised given Y&R's squandered every other soap vet they've cast over the past couple of years.

• Members

^^^That said, it's still less of a trainwreck IMO than most of the rest of the show. Sharon/Adam is truly repulsive, Heather/Ronan is boring, and the impending Jana/Kevin/Chloe triangle is like a circus freakshow featuring the other overused pop culture reference, Pretty in Pink.

I don't know...I don't like it, but the more I see people acting like it's some grandma-sex abomination on other boards, the more I want to like it. Just because it's clearly NOT any more messed up than the multiple men Nikki/Vicki share, or John/Jill/Jack back in the day.

• Members

I get not liking the deSOARSing of Diane. I'm just frustrated when that's the only thing she's judged on (or that she's not a brunette, which obviously means she shouldn't have the role *eyeroll*). I know I shouldn't let it bother me. But it does. Believe me, I'd much rather be watching Maura carry ATWT than schlepping this dreck, poking out my eyeballs through Jana, Chloe, Vicki, Heather and Daisy scenes.

• Members

Me too, but what's done is done. This isn't even the first time that Diane was deSORASed. I never thought there was much of an age difference between Nick and Phyllis and I don't think there is much of one between Nick and Diane at this point either.

If anyone is to blame, it's TPTB for being sexist and ageist. Maura is just taking the role they put out there. If she hadn't, it would have been some other 30 something. They were never going to cast a 50 year old women in this role. Jack and Victor are always going to date women who are at least 10 years younger than they are. Nikki is the only exception (for now).

Archived