Y&R week of December 13

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another example of TPTB for wasting another daytime vet in a thankless part. Making him Kay's son then doing no fall-out from this was a grave mistake. Doing this story (which wasn't even rooted in history) diluted Nina's discovery of her long-lost son (which actually was rooted in history).

I think the show should cut it's losses and cut Tucker from the canvas. Then I'd make Tristan Rogers a full-time cast member since he would be perfect to go up against Victor Newman... plus, it would make that evil Katherine Chancellor wrong and then Jill can be happy.

• Members

Tristan Rogers is an awesome actor but he's in almost as bad a position as Stephen Nichols.

Had Y&R brought him on as a character unrelated to Cane he probably could've been a success but Daniel Goddard ruins everything.

Making him Cane's father also makes Jill into a desperate fool. Again.

Which is a shame because the two have chemistry.

• Members

What I wouldn't do to have both Tristan Rogers and Stephen Nichols somehow end up on AMC...they'd both be phenomenal there...Tristan can just be Robert Scorpio, and maybe they can bring back Anna Devane, and have a Robert/Anna/David triangle! Nichols? I'd buy him in just about any role on AMC...

Instead, we're getting JV (nice to look at, but not a stellar actor by any means), LH (good add) and Michael Nourri (good actor, but stuck in a terrible role)....

Why is Y&R getting all the delicious actors and wasting them? Don't they have a big enough cast yet? :wacko:

• Members

I think Y + R are leaping before thinking first. Once news of ATWT's cancellation became known and Maura West expressed interest in joining Y + R... the show snatched her up and put her in a part that just didn't fit.

It's like prime-time when networks would sign a big name person to a show without focusing on the script, concept, chemistry with other actors, etc.

• Members

The problem is Y&R doesn't come up with good roles for any actors. Every soap has always had rush hires and ill-advised stories, but I can't think of one character, whether played by a soap star or an unknown, who has been given any type of good material on Y&R in years. Especially not since Sheffer and MAB and Rauch came along.

When they cast soap actors they know they can hide behind the name of that person and they won't have to bother with quality material. It still makes me a little sad to remember how happy many people were when Stephen Nichols joined the show. The use, or misuse of him, has been shocking.

• Members

I think he's already been a success. The way they've introduced his character has been much better than any of their other recent additions and this SL is by far the most interesting thing going on Y&R. Amazingly MAB finally got something right and this will be her first retcon that actually works.

Archived