Y&R week of December 13

• Members

It doesn't bother me, since they don't mention it that much. I can see both Billy and Vikki longing for a kind of traditional family that they never had. I think having that kind of relationship is a part of their fantasy life. It's a little corny, but I've seen worse. Billy/Victoria is the type of couple that old school Y&R never did, but I don't mind them. It could be much, much worse, from my perspective. I just hope that if they get a "miracle baby", it's next Christmas. Maria needs to learn how to make viewers wait.

I keep seeing people speculate that Chance will come back and give Ronan part of his liver. I don't think so, I think it will be Nina.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see Billy longing for a traditional family. He has never expressed any desire for this since Billy Miller took over the role. He treats his entire family like garbage, he seems to dislike his father, who was a traditional, loving father, and he neglects his daughter, and he was bored by the thought of settled down relationships with anyone. Victoria's 1950's, women-know-their-place delusions also don't make sense for her character, because she wanted to go back to work soon after her baby's birth and she can only handle weak men.

This just seems like the show using them as an outlet for their own retrograde fantasies, and also a last-ditch attempt to make a story for actors who have generally flopped in every romantic relationship the show has ever given them.

• Members

They might not call each other "Jim" and "Margaret" every episode, but it seems like they constantly refer to their "Father Knows Best" obsession. It's inferred everytime she moons over their "special" house.

Props to both Noah and Kyle for putting Phyllis in her place today.

Sharon's boo-hooing is annoying. First she boohoos to Adam about missing Faith, then she stands in the church and boohoos, then she boohoos to a complete stranger about being "kept" from her child. Bitch, wise up. Even Adam understands you "being right" about him not killing Skye isn't going to change anyone's opinion about you f*cking him.

• Members

Nikki had her pegged as a social climbing lowlife from the moment she walked in on Sharon sizing up her living room and fantasizing about being the lady of the manor. Nikki knew that look, she had it before. Perspectives like that aren't changed when you find out your son's bright new future is being highjacked by the new daughter in law. A DIL who it turns out is not the, "wait until marriage innocent virgin", she was claiming and instead has a young kid, and ooops is already pregnant with the Anchor baby. I'm sure Sharon's many affairs and abandoning her kid for a cheap fuk endeared her even further. Nikki and Phyllis on the other hand have gone from frenemies to enemies to frenemies again and are resigned to have each other in their lives.

• Members

They kind of are. I said Y&R didn't used to do this type of couple. They do now. I'd say the changed happened around the time LML took over.

I think they are trying to build super couples in both Villy and Cane/Lily. With Victor/Nikki it seemed more natural. Now it seems like they are actively trying to create super couples and really push them. Even Sharon/Nick seemed like a more natural build. Now it's more like they are trying to make instant super couples. With Cane/Lily it seems to have worked. At least they seem popular in certain circles. I find Villy more bearable, but that's only because Victoria isn't all sweetness and light.

• Members

I remember Ryan/Nina happened randomly. I recall Ryan was at Gina's and Christine saw him alone while asking if he'd join her and Nina. It was a few months after the David Kimball story had ended and Chris was trying to help Nina get back out into the social scene. From what I can recall they ended up sleeping with one another that night.

• Members

The same way others had Nikki pegged as a cheap stripper trying to marry her way into high society.

Nick started (and eventually continued) the affair thing in their marriage & his were a lot less justified than Sharon's.

Something he definitely learned from his Mother who (even now) is no stranger to cheating on "soulmate" Victor at the drop of a hat.

Nikki & Giggly were/are a lot of things but they were never frenemies.

• Members

Yeah Nikki recognized the money hunger Sharon's eyes because she's been there before.

Nothing Justifies Sharon's affair with Cameron Kristen which almost destroyed her relationship with her daughter and was a contributing factor to her acting out and subsequent death. Sharon doesn't learn from her mistakes so she's repeating them with Adam and once again tossing aside her children for a dangerous man.

Archived