Y&R week of December 13

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My objection to Phyllis is more about The Stafford's hammy acting style and TIIC's insistance on portraying Phyll as a "heroine". The fact she clothes herself as some sort of truth-seeking child advocate is laughable, given that she just went out of her way to expose two mother's pasts without giving a damn about how their children would feel. She doesn't even give a damn about Daniel's feelings about Daisy and the fact she raped him, and praises him for "stepping up" with her.

Oh, yeah, I cringe thinking about how far that story's going to go.

• Members

I was utterly stunned to see Jess wear something ATTRACTIVE for a change. I was even more stunned to see Melody wear a beautiful necklace, her taste is usually really BAD. And somehow I knew Chompers and coke-toria would have an aluminum tree and color wheel. However, glad to see the glorious floral arrangement on Kay's dining room table with red and lime green roses. delightful it was.

• Members

I still don't get the hokey devotion to "Father Knows Best" and obsession Vicki and Billy have with recreating a TV show.

I didn't really like that jacket Jill was wearing, but it's more attractive than most of the stuff they put her in. And I thought Nikki finally looked the part of a nouveau riche divorcee. Some of the crap they had her wearing during the Meggie story actually hurt to look at.

*snort* Ironic talk with Kay about Nick's love life.

I never thought I'd see Jeff Branson have less chemistry with anyone than he had with GL's Mandy Bruno. Until today.

• Members

Well well I have been busy than heck and not been posting or watching Y&R although I unfortunately caught the final New Orleans episode. :blink::wacko:

Jill and Colin are good together. The whole Chloe/Kevin/Jana triangle is already boring as hell and well I guess we'll have the coma-inducing Ronan and Heather be a couple until

• Members

The show uses that to try to be cute and self-aware because of their own issues with misogyny and women knowing their place.

Why they continually mention a show where the cast had so many problems is baffling to me, but it exposes how fake Bacteria are.

• Members

I hear you. I've heard of a theme wedding or holiday but a theme life? And how many viewers are familiar with the concept? Not me. I remember the Steve Martin movie and I thought it was the remake of an old movie. I didn't realize until I read the message boards it was a TV show. I have never seen it (or don't recall seeing it) and know nothing about it, but am guessing it's about a loving close family with lot's of kids???? I watched plenty of TV growing up, am I the only one who doesn't relate to this?

Didn't expect that to happen so soon. I hope he's really good looking with dark hair like Dad and Grandad.

:lol: Jill/Colin/Micheal/Lauren have kept me laughing for the last few days. I haven't enjoyed the show this much since last year, it's why I watch, I hope there is more to come.

• Members

It's too bad that Colin didn't come to Genoa without having anything to do with Cane. That's the one thing that ruins my enjoyment of this storyline and it's made me hate Cane more.

That's just like Cane and Lily's former obsession with 40's movies. It seems like anyone under the age of 35 has this obsession with vintage, kitschy, and hipster stuff.

• Members

Just caught some of the episodes featuring Jill and Colin's office romp. Jill has got her groove back. Keep growing out your hair Jess, the storylines will follow. Jess Walton is the only reason I bother with this show anymore.

I didn't think that jacket was particularly flattering, they should put her in longer, slim fitting coats with lots of shine, she can pull it off.

Archived