OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 6th

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure Shipp is having fun, but it's way too broad for me. And geez, is this the fastest setup for a murder mystery in the history of soaps? I guess subtlety is not your friend when you're trying to set up everybody in town as the potential killer of a character that's only been around for a month. Now, if the story is going someplace else entirely, I might be impressed.

• Members

Personally, I have no problem with Eddie. I suspect he's supposed to be over the top. I agree with you on the murder mystery thing. It's way too fast. This was a concern of mine with Passanante coming aboard. The storytelling on ATWT was way too fast the last couple of years. I hope OLTL doesn't go that route with this thing. At least let the resolution play out for a while.

• Members

I think that this Murder Mystery is happening too fast as well. And I don't even think that Eddie is "evil enough" to be killed off. I think the argument could be made that Clint is about as bad as he is, if not worse. I think that something like a "Who Shot Clint" storyline would be more interesting than "Who Killed Eddie Ford" storyline.

And there would be a ton of suspects, with a lot of motives in a "Who Shot Clint" storyline, a lot more than the "Who Killed Eddie" storyline. Especially since Eddie hasn't even been around that much and hasn't even done a whole lot. Besides act jittery, insulting people and kidnapping Nora. None of that stuff warrants him being murdered, IMO.

• Members

I guess his abusing his kids is seen as enough to warrant murder.

The problem with any mystery on this show or perhaps any soaps now is the culprit will be someone no one knows or cares about, or the culprit will pay no price, because the show sees them as the ideal. Look at Todd being rewarded for raping Marty and trying to steal his grandchild.

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Matthew is my dude, he's my favorite young character on the show. Not just because he is the anti-Ford either. I think he's been win-win since the first day they gave him a fresh mouth, talking back to Bo and Nora about that spliff they found. I know this probably sounds like an over-inflated compliment, but I honestly don't think I've ever seen another young actor pull off "charming humorous prick" as naturalistically and masterfully as he does. The watching paint dry line delivery of his childhood has morphed into a hilarious deadpan, he is by no means a mini-blinking/eye-rolling/stammering/trying-too-hard Rex. He was the best part about those crazy scenes with his big brother David.

Dani: Where are ya gonna find brass knuckles??

LOVED that! :lol: I also LOL'd when Cris knocked Ford the [!@#$%^&*] out and James was like, "Well, this isn't going to work." :lol:

When they zoomed in on Nora's heaving bosom, like, woah. :o

Bonez hazily getting it on on the couch was so unsettling.

Archived