OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 6th

• Members

I like Shaun too, I'm really hoping that being on contract will mean some more good stuff with the Evanses (fingers crossed). Maybe I've missed them, but they've been noticeably absent in the wake of all that drama.

I think Ford looks uncharacteristically smiley and goofy in his shot. But I guess it evens out that smarmy bumper.

Nice reference Carl. :lol: Of course all that stuff about Paula's struggle with bullimia would come out after this ILC clip. :o

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: Bobby's eyes cross when he smiles.

Am I right though, have Destiny and family been on in the past few days? Not that I'm not enjoying the other stuff, but that story was simmering nicely and I don't want it to be off the radar for too long and we come back to scenes of just Destiny and Shaun being all "resolved" and whatnot.

• Members

SFK, I can't remember your exact words about the new Joey, but when I was watching some of those scenes today I was thinking of what you said, in that he doesn't have the masculine presence which Fillion brought to the role. It was embarrassing the way that Clint dressed Joey down -- I know it's a case of seeing what I want to see instead of having an open mind, but these scenes could have had some layers or genuine affection but I saw none. When I think back to the genuine warmth which Clint Ritchie and even, at times, Asa had for their family, I get a little sad. And Joey was sniping at them like a child.

Sometimes I forget what a strain these actors are under; that scene felt very unrehearsed and distant, complete with Viki literally wringing her hands.

Much better was the scene with Dorian and Kelly, where you could tell Dorian wasn't exactly overjoyed about Kelly wanting to get back together with Joey, but she supported Kelly. It was an awkward, yet affectionate, believable moment, beautifully played by Robin Strasser. I have never been a fan of the Kelly/Dorian relationship but I think it's been better this time around.

• Members

I like NuJoey and I appreciate how nice and ordinary he seems to be, but how will he last alongside his male counterparts who are all either maniacs, manwhores, snarky douchebags, semi-hunks, etc.? NuJoey has a nice chest but I don't quite see him as hunky material. And that's fine because again, I like that he's more ordinary. I just wonder if he can make Joey interesting enough to last. By the way, when is this Cutter person set to arrive? Any chance he could be Billy Douglas?

Archived