GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sonny is going to Tracy's wedding at the Quartermaine house? Seriously WTF? Didnt Tracy tell him in no uncertain terms not to long ago to stay the F away from it and her family, especially Edward? He has NO shame and I cant believe he'd even show up

I forgot that Brenda was Brook's godmother. So she's her godmother and she's only now seeing her? Too bad Lois isnt in town bc I always preferred her and Brenda as BFFs than Robin.

Luke is being annoying. I dont get why he is making such a big deal about signing the damn pre-nup. The fact that he's giving so much trouble over it speaks volumes. If I were Tracy, Id drop kick him to the curb and move on

• Members

Sonny is there at Luke's invitation, and it's Luke's wedding too.

I thought Luke's argument against the pre-nup was extremely valid. Pre-nups are about divorces and Luke isn't into this for it to end in divorce.

As for Brenda/Brook - obviously Brenda hasn't been around for a long time. That's on the adult (Brenda) not the child, and speaks to Brenda's "in the moment" world.

Alice is the most OTT character at the wedding (wearing what Tracy wore at the LnL re deux in 2006, btw). So glad it was a small moment and we didn't have to endure Alice giving Luke the car key.

• Members

Just heard Monica and Bobbie weren't there.

Seems odd Monica wouldn't be there. Granted, she's not the biggest fan of either Tracy or Luke, but they are "family", and it was at HER house! Was there any mention?

Bobbie not being there is just plain dumb. Luke and bobbie were always so extremely close. Even if they didnt want to give her anything to say, she should have at least been shown sitting there. I mean common...They can put her at Spinelli and Maxie's wedding but not her own brothers?

Was there any mention of this?

Other than tht, looking forward to the show. :)

• Members

All of the characters I enjoy most were on, and I really thought this episode could be a case study of just how far soaps have fallen and how the lack of budget pulls the rug out from under them at every turn.

This was the "big wedding" Tracy wanted, and there were literally eight guests and the ceremony was held in the Q foyer. All one needs to do is go to youtube and watch the Sean/Tiffany wedding which was held in the same house and compare the two to see what being unable to pay for extras does to a scene.

Furthermore, GH's writing has made Port Charles a town but not a home. There is no community and nobody knows anybody else, or if they do they don't like anybody. GH has the largest cast of all the soaps? Close to it? They had eight guests. But then again, since everybody on GH lives in their own little TV show never to cross over into other stories there was just no reason for anybody else to appear. Everyone who should have been at that wedding was, but everyone equals eight.

That said, the scenes were cute, the dialogue was properly sentimental at the end, and the episode was fine for what it was. TG and JE looked good, John Ingle was on which is always a welcome sight, and Bergen Williams was perfect as a Big Alice in mourning.

Archived