GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

theres a difference between drama and petty high school nonsense. The repetitve antics between Patrick, Robin, Lisa and Steve fall into the latter category. It makes Robin come across childish and petty, Steve stupid and ineffectual as CoS, Lisa crazy and unsympathetic and Patrick petty and like a bully. These are supposed to be professional doctors. I wish they'd act like it at work. Instead they air out ALL their dirty laundy loud and in public right in the middle of their job with patients and other staff around. It might be understandable if it was just a few times every now and then but its the SAME nonsense every single day they are on. The fact that its been allowd to continue for so long makes it and all involved even more ridiculous. Theres a way to write hospital drama without compromising the integrity of the characters and the hospital. We've seen that effectively done for years. Other shows prominently feature their hospital and staff without the same repetitive childish antics we see on GH. Just go look at AMC and Days. For some reason, GH is incapable of that these days

I know I cant be the only one that gets sick of the hospital scenes between the four. Something happens to Robin that causes her to go off on Lisa, accusing her of being crazy and/or trying to kill her. Lisa denies it, always having an excuse and way to talk her way out of it. Patrick accuses Lisa as well, bullying her into confessing. Steve stands around like an idiot convincing them to give Lisa the benefit out the doubt bc he cant do anything against her. Evidence comes by clearing Lisa and Robin is made to look like an idiot and Patrick questions whether she made it up bc she cant get over what Lisa did. Rinse and repeat and we have the same exact scenario play out the next day between the 4. Its the SAME scenario all the time. The only thing that changes is what Robin accuses Lisa of doing but it plays out the same. Its gotten redundant and this "hospital drama" hasnt had any actual movement in weeks. Its stale and its quite apparent there is no story there bc the characters are given the same recycled script to play over and over

• Members

Good points.

I agree, Robin looks stupid. Patrick looks like a complete dumbass. And Lisa is just getting boring. it's repetitive and annoying.

so while the story sucks, it's still kind of nice to see some drama at the actual hospital.

But I see your points!

+1.

And I think Farah Fath can help you with the latter part of that! :D

• Members

Repeated for sure, but at least they aren't mobbies.

Besides, that nurse's station has always been used for this kind of "drama". The difference is that once upon a time we had Amy Vining who told everyone what happened so staff tried not to unload in front of her. We don't have an Amy anymore.

Then there's the economics of the beast. The Nurse's hub and the pier get a lot of conversations they shouldn't have just because one is permanent and the other isn't someone's home so it sort of makes sense for many characters to gather by the water.

• Members
It's not about writing what "the fans want" remos. It should be about writing something that makes one lick of sense.

And you would be one to talk about "flipping off the fans." If we're to go by your personal taste, you've been getting flipped off for years. No Mobbie, no Brownstone, no Firehouse, no Lee/Gail, barely any Q's left. It seems like you always get mad about this, which surprises me that you would "+1" the HW flipping off fans.

This.

• Members

Looks to me like the story is starting to morph into more than just Robin vs Lisa. Now Ethan and Johnny are threatening/blackmailing her and she had a look yesterday like "these two will have to be dealt with I see".

It looks like they have to keep the hospital crew status quo until they get Ethan and Johnny where they want, and then I can see a murder mystery a few months down the road. There are now enough characters involved with Lisa to do something with her, although I am not sure who it is that will be being killed. Johnny's days look numbered. The scene with Ethan threatening Lisa really interested me, because you can see just how easily all these things could become a whodunit.

• Members

I'm tired of the story itself, but not the fact that it's going on at the hospital. I'm no stranger to workplace drama -- petty or otherwise -- so I don't question it. Especially when you're part of a workplace community that spends a LOT of time with each other and personal relationships (platonic/romantic) get involved. But, to your point about the stagnant nature of the story, I agree. It's ridiculous and stuck on recycle, stuck on recycle.

Exactly. And if they're going to recite the same scenarios every other day, at least put it in a different setting.

Archived