Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Speaking of that I've always wondered if Sally Spectra ever would have fit in on Y&R.

That '91 episode is a real classic with Brad one-upping Jack but I felt bad for Paul. Poor Cassandra's death became a travesty of sorts, although I believe Bell had used the tactic of a judge dying before signing the papers somewhere before(Victor and Nikki's first divorce?) to create a twist.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't see why not....some of early Sally I've seen reminds me of Rose on Y&R, and perhaps if they decided that Rose was gonna be a more prominent character then just the evil whorehouse runner/baby snatcher they could have made her a rival for Katherine....I can see them having the same type of relationship that Stephanie and Sally had....

I always feel like that March 91 episode is one of those "breather" episodes post-sweeps period.... since remember just weeks before Cassandra was killed, Nina shot David and Sheila just swapped babies....There is still lots going on, but now that the initial stuff is behind, the consequences are falling into place...

I admit it would have been nice if Paul did actually get to keep the money but I guess it made more sense that business tycoon in training Brad got to inherit it....though I can't stand his smugness sometimes....

• Members

I'm hoping the episode where Jill tortures David in the most clever way in the hospital resurfaces.

Sally was one of Bell's best creations and I always wondered if a Y&R equivalent would have worked. I don't think though early Sally was really comparable to Rose though the larger than life element started early on, and of course as time went on whenever Sally would attempt to intimidate or be vindictive she was usually standing next to a swimming pool or Lake Como.

• Members

Jill grabbing David's crank in the hospital as Katherine looked on was one of the most hilarious scenes in Y&R history.

One sad thing about Y&R is that just about all the history ties to Y&R's early years have pretty much been erased. Jill is no longer a member of her original core family. Jill, Paul, and Nikki are the only 3 characters left from the 70's when the show was a half hour.

• Members

IMO, you cannot lose what you never had. Kay could have begged and pleaded with Phillip all she wanted, but Phillip would have stayed and helped her fight for their marriage if, and only if, he had believed theirs was a marriage WORTH saving. Now, perhaps Jill's presence might have helped Phillip finally realize all the love had been drained from his and Kay's union. Again, though, if Phillip had still been in love with Kay even a little bit, no amount of dewy-eyed-ness coming from Jill would have tempted him to stray. His marriage would have been too valuable to him to risk it on some manicurist from the wrong side of the tracks. Furthermore, even if Jill hadn't been in the picture, I guarantee someone or something else would have caused Phillip to leave Kay.

I loved Kay Chancellor with all my heart, but she was always so blind to that very simple truth. I guess that's what made her so fabulously complex, though.

Edited by Khan