Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Found it, thanks! Took some digging I thought it was under clips instead of full episodes.

Thank you anonymous angel!! I never hoped to see these May '92 scenes, and they did not disappoint. It felt like a dream to watch them. So precious.

And even Sheila's memorial! What a treat to see a final appearance of the beloved Naomi and Doris (Doris, who thinks Lauren is afflicted by the devil ) Inconceivable that Scott did not have Cricket and Danny attend the memorial.

Wow wow wow, so much goodness! Danny's June '88 "Concert for the Homeless"!! Always wanted to see it but never thought I would! (Looks like Nikki did not wind up attending even though she did the PR for the concert) plus scenes from Jessica's first bout with AIDS - so rare and special.

Thanks for the tip BoldRestless and Thank You Anonymous Angel!!

• Members

Your welcome!  Yeah I was confused too, and of course I got a little overly excited that we had a couple more "full" May 92 episodes, but I'm still happy about the clips. 

Man If anything, they really did make Sheila out to be the "victim" of this whole thing. Everyone talking non stop about how much Sheila loved Scotty, and how she was the "only mother" he's known.....So disturbing...I couldn't believe it when Scott said he didn't realize Sheila had this "dark side" to her....um Hello?!.....You already witnessed her dark side several months before with her constant paranoia, her threats to take away Scotty, and of course drugging you....That was a load of B.S to me...

Doris, Naomi and Ruth are definitely #teamSheila!  Ruth didn't seem phased about what Sheila did...she either doesn't have many friends, or just thinks Lauren drove Sheila to madness (which is true in a way..LOL.)  It confused me also that Scott didn't actually reveal to Ruth what Sheila did, yet the minister basically explains it during the funeral...yet she doesn't react?  

Yeah I was kind of annoyed about John Silva not being there too, or even Olivia? Danny and Cricket should have been there, but I already knew they weren't because someone on Usenet mentioned that Cricket not being there for her brother was "odd" LOL 

Wow, I started watching those May/June 1988 Danny/Cricket clips. Rare that they actually had a Carnival set!  I remember hearing about Cricket Selling Kisses, but I thought that was during Danny's Concert. 

• Members

There was definitely some strange things with the tone of these follow-up scenes after Sheila's "death". Scott was whitewashing their history but I guess you could argue it was the shock of it all. Still, I'm surprised that Scott didn't have more of a sense of relief. For the 6 months prior, Sheila was the sword hanging over Scott's head.

I guess with Ruth, since she's such a disposable character, the writers felt like it wasn't necessary to recap to her what happened once again, after Lauren has already recapped it to Paul and Lynn, and then to Scott. (I loved the flashbacks were incorporated into Lauren's memories)

What was super-weird was how the priest recapped everything during the memorial?? Based on everything Scott had told him? It didn't feel necessary for the priest to get so specific, lol... and not appropriate for a memorial.

• Members

Even Lauren at some points seemed remorseful…I guess she just felt bad for Scotty but, it’s still strange hearing her regard Sheila as Scotty’s mother, knowing her much she hates her. 

yeah I was thinking too why did the minister have to say all that? Haha 

btw some bit of trivia, that’s actually TEBs real son Austin playing Scotty in those scenes!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I didn't realize that - so sweet!

So the big outstanding question is (and Lauren even notes this to Paul and Lynn) - what made Sheila snap and kidnap Lauren...? Because Lauren had zero clue what the truth was until Sheila spelled it out for her at the farmhouse.

The only thing I can think of is - Sheila thought it was inevitable that Lauren would learn about the birthmark removal and put two and two together.

We'll only know for sure if the eps leading up to May 4 ever appear 

• Members

Yes, her son apparently would sub whenever the twin girls playing Scotty got sick. That is sweet considering it was Bill Bell that suggested that TEB keep her son on set with her throughout this story. 

i kind of think the lab fight might have pushed Sheila over the Edge but yeah they never really elaborated what was Sheila’s final straw. 

• Members

Hope those episodes surface soon. Perhaps one of the best uses of an actreses' actual pregnancy.

Did Scott ever realize Sheila raped him and their "affair" wasn't consensual? I asked this before but how does Sheila not ring alarm bells if she's using her real name in Los Angeles LOL?

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I suppose B&B writers knew Sheila would be a longterm charachter so they didn't want her using an alias? Maybe not to confuse new viewers? 

Lauren keeping her promise to Scott and not exposing the baby switch still makes no sense to me, especially given all her Sheila takedown attempts on B&B

Y&R frustratingly sweeps alot of things under the rug, and glosses over details, lol. 

Edited by ironlion