Young and the Restless' Michelle Stafford: Still Keeping Phyllis Crazy After All These Years

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like The Stafford © as much as I use, especially since 2006 or so but thanks for posting, sounds like another non-event coming up which is typical for Y&R these days. At least the Paris remote had some interesting stuff.

Of course The Stafford © is in denial about her character's uselessness.

• Members

Well, now...guess I wasn't supposed to believe Phyllis gave a damn about Kyle. Good. Note to The Stafford: no one expected Phyllis to give a damn about Diane's pain. But not giving a crap about Kyle's? That's not keeping Phyllis "edgy"...that's just inhuman.

• Members

I actually appreciate the MS tries to keep some semblance of "real" Phyllis alive, even if it annoys her that fans see it that way. the writers shouldn't be trying to keep alive her goodness because the character shouldn't be good. That's what Sharon is for.

Phyllis was deeply disturbed for years. I would even say she was written as a sociopath for a good long time. It's not like that's something that magically goes away because of the love of a good (haha) man. If anything, I think Phyllis should have hid the fact that Summer was alive. That would have been a lot more believable and a better way to end the Phick marriage. No way I believe Phyllis would have ever willingly let him go. It's also way more believable to me that Phyllis wouldn't give a flying f*ck about Kyle and would see him as competition for Jack's time and attention. It wasn't a fluke that Danny got custody of Daniel even though there was no biological connection.

• Members

It is notable how defensive Stafford sounds in this interview (she seems spooked onscreen, too, ever since Maura West joined. Coincidence, maybe?). Like when she goes on and on about how Phyllis was hard-done by Sharon, and Michael Logan had to point out that Phyllis broke up Sharon's marriage in the first place. She couldn't find an argument to defend that, so she had to backtrack and say "Ya, ya, well, you know, as an actress, I have to look at everything from the point of view of my character."

She knows that Phyllis is getting a lot of flack, and she doesn't like it. She likes being Miss Popular on the Y&R set -- and outside it. I'm sure that Victoria Rowell's allegations haven't helped her public image, too, especially as the interview she gave some months back to "explain" did not really explain anything.

She sounds happy being mom, I must say. Liked the comments about The Talk being people about women with full-time nannies complaining about how tough motherhood is.

Interesting moment when she talked about personal agendas on the news -- and Logan said it was only to do with "politics and religion."

• Members

As much as I have always respected Maura West, and as much as I used to like Stafford (and sometimes still do), it's just sad that the show has become so empty and the backstage games have become SO dominant that a lot of viewers, understandably, cannot see this as any type of feud between characters, and instead wonder what is going on when the camera stops. This is the type of thing which has killed any spirit Y&R ever had.

Archived