Young and the Restless' Michelle Stafford: Still Keeping Phyllis Crazy After All These Years

• Members

Well, I guess I'm more annoyed by the bevy of posters (somewhere else) who have argued Phyllis did care that Kyle was upset. I never saw that---from my perspective, Phyllis got upset when Jack put on the brakes, even though she'd just said, "hey, don't smack up on me in front of my kid." Otherwise, all she's done is blame Diane (granted) and Kyle for having read it, as if the mag was in some obscure, dusty file cabinet and not the internet.

I just find it incredibly ballsy-bordering-on-deluded to not play having sympathy for a child, in a scene with the child. It's one thing to fight for the integrity of your character. Although I guess being the fair-haired wonder, she doesn't have to worry about being written into a corner and off the show either.

If she wants to play psycho-bitch, fine by me.

Not Team Stafford.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so not "Team Stafford," it oughta be against the law.

And yet -- and yet...

I actually agree with how she chose to play that scene...

Well, sort of.

I mean, she shouldn't be entirely heartless when it comes to Kyle's feelings; he's a kid, after all, and relatively innocent in this situation. Also, given her own dramas in the past w/ Daniel, she should be able to empathize w/ Diane, if only a little bit.

However, OTOH, no one should sugar-coat Diane's past just to spare her kid's feelings. After all, it's called "the truth," b/c it hurts.

• Members
lol..she sounds like one of those nutty fans that convenienetly ignores what actually happened on screen bc it weakesn what every point she is trying to get across. "It didnt happen bc I didnt play it that way! Forget what the writers wrote bc thats not what I wanted you guys to see!" Girl please. Who the hell are you fooling?

Archived