OLTL on Chelsea Lately

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course it did :P While I thought much of that story was a ridiculous mess, I stand by what I said, that a lot of this stuff does seem less over the top when you're actually watching. I know Agnes said one reason she cringed when she had to write "recap dialogue" was it always made the shows seem even more melodramatic than they were (ok that wasn't her exact quote, but...) It's definitely one of the more campy soap techniques (and with online recaps, etc, prob not nearly as necessary anymore...)

• Members

Well at least Kristen Alderson thought it was pretty funny.

Here's what she said on Twitter: "so i recorded Chelsea Lately last night because I heard we were on...freakin cracked me up. starr has a MILLION things wrong right now LOL" 2:30 AM Nov17th via web

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That was indeed a classic moment, but in a different way from the Starr/James mess in that I think it's actually intentional on OLTL's part, and JVD played it so deadpan plus the STRIDE AWAY. I loved it, I cracked up. Classic soap.

• Members

yep. She gets made fun about it ona regular basis

Im not sure if I see her going on the show but Id love it if at least one cast member appears on her show. Better yet, Id love it if she spoofed the soap and had her cast act out a OLTL skit.

Chelsea is Blair

Chris Franjola as Todd

Whitney Cummings as Tea

Jen Kirkman as Starr

Guy Brannum as Cole

Josh Wolf as a Ford brother

Loni Love as Destiny

Heather McDonald as Kelly

• Members

Ohhh I would love that! But I think Chelsea should be Jessica. And they could spoof the whole paternity thing and have Chelsea be pregnant. Be really dramatic and have her be like "Is it Brody's? Is it Ford's? Is it Snoopp doggs?"

And then have Jo Koy play Blair as a reference to "AsianBlair"

Archived