The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Me too.

It was all over the place, though, in terms of your traditional finale. One thing I've learned about this show though is to not call the season finale a cliff hanger because it isn't. At least not in the same way Dallas and Dynasty did cliff hangers.

I think they're overreacting about Terminus, though. I think it's a good place, full of good people and we'll probably see them realize this during the first three or four episodes of season five.

seven months from now. angry.png

• Members

Good cliffhanger. It's a neat twist to not kill anyone and yet make me terrified for everyone.

I can't wait to see dark Rick. He's been there a few times before but he only comes out every so often and then Rick's shame/sense of fairness take over again.

If that's gone then it's going to get really nasty.

I can't wait to see it.

I'm glad they left Carol, Beth, Judith, and Tyreese for next season.

And I loved the scenes with Rick/Michonne/Daryl/Carl, together and separately. I'm not a big Daryl fan but he truly shines with that group.

Now I'm wondering if Carl will be the one to save Rick from the brink.

The flashbacks, I'm glad they went with them, just to show the contrast of what Rick was, and what he (and the group) now are.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It was *actually* good until that last line. I wish they allowed the hard curse words on basic cable, could have totally saved the scene.

I so prefer batshit crazy Rick to sobbing and indecisive Rick. I want him, the Archer, the Samurai and the Kid to kick some ass next season. I love the little family Rick, Michonne and Carl have built. I was actually hoping Rick and Michonne's fireside chat would evolve into sexy times...

I'm pretty sure these Terminus people are cannibals. There were what looked like flayed bodies on the ground while our group was running away from the Termites (btw I'm glad they pointed out that they were shooting at their feet, I was all ready to complain about what horrible shots they were).

• Members

This was an intense episode. I don't think there can be any explanation other than Terminus is a settlement of cannibals. That's how they always have meat cooking and it would explain the brief peek at bones. Although creepy, cannibals always make for great villains.

Rick killing the hick didn't traumatize me as much as it did Carl. They were going to rape Carl and Michonne and kill Rick and Daryl..what else was there for Rick to do?

• Members

I think Carl completely understood and that's what disturbed him more than anything. He's (Carl) a "monster" too.

I just realized that Carol, Tyreese and Judith were not at Terminus. Carol to the rescue! She'll get this handled.

• Members

Rick and Michonne are falling in love. Someone needs to just admit it.

Fine show, but I'd have called it a midseason finale. I was surprised they included the attempted rape scene, which was considerably more graphic in the comics with the guy getting Carl's pants off - but just the guy nuzzling at his neck was incredibly unsettling. I was amazed they let even that on AMC. Poor kid.

I notice Carol was not among their number in Train Car A. Bad mistake on the Terminus folks's part. Carol and Cutty Tyreese are gonna take that whole thing apart.

• Members

You could hear his pants being unbuckled too, couldn't you?

I was shocked that scene made it on air.

It's amazing, if not surprising, to think that you got that and you got a man's throat being ripped out, but you can't say !@#$%^&*].

I mostly wonder if someone is going to pull Rick back from the brink or if this is who he now will be, from this point on. If someone does I think it will be Carl.

Michonne and Rick are so vital to each other now. I love their relationship, even if it's never what I want it to become.

I heard some people saying that the show is being hypocritical for supporting Rick and not supporting Carol, but if anything, I think tonight was the death of what made Rick oppose Carol's decision.

• Members

I thought the guy was undoing his own pants, which is more than enough, really.

I don't think the point of the finale was that Rick was going feral and was 'gone' like Michonne had been, but that the needs of that world were more nuanced than what he and Hershel had hoped would stay forever. Michonne reinforces that neither Rick nor Carl are too far gone.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You know I don't think I've ever REALLY liked a finale of this show. I had issues with the first one because Jacqui's suicide seemed so random and I thought the whole thing with everyone outside the CDC avoiding death from that huge explosion was a little ridiculous. The second season was the best in terms of finales, but, as you've mentioned before, Carol wanting to break away and Rick doing the tyrant act was somewhat jarring. The third season finale was...not good.

This one was the best since the second. I liked that they played with us about assuming someone would die. Even at the end, when Carl was slowly walking toward them, I was sure he was going to get shot.

In a way, fans will be angry, because they want blood. They want what the media cynically calls "Red Wedding moments." I'm glad the show subverted that but I do wonder if some fans may tune out.

What did you think of the flashbacks?

• Members

I liked all the finales, though I took issue with the latter half of the second season's finale. This finale is not the strongest IMO but this season has been mostly very solid.

I don't think a lot of people have ever known what they wanted from this show. Some want badass, hard-killing zombie hunters, some want some sort of "Lost" mytharc or philosophical type bullshit, some kind of new status quo that the show doesn't necessarily lend itself to - I think it does lend itself to changing, but no change to this show ever seems enough. I think it's incredibly burdened by cashing in on a moment in pop culture when everyone was into zombies, and now everyone's kind of turned on that. I think it's a lot better than the comic. It's not the greatest show on TV but I think it's pretty solid. Compared to any number of other serialized, episodic thrillers I've seen this year, it's great.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I sometimes wonder if that's one of the reasons (zombie fatigue) why the show is now so much about the threat of humans, although I realize most zombie movies also tow that line.

I agree that in a sense nothing is ever quite good enough. I notice that mostly when the same people who were angry about the farm and the prison got angry when the characters were on the road.

The show isn't perfect, not even close to perfect, but in some areas, like characterization, and attempts at diversity, I do feel like they've made great strides. And I tend to wonder if that's one of the reasons their ratings have held up.

I kind of laugh when I see people get enraged at the idea of this show being mentioned in the same breath as Breaking Bad, as I saw in the AV Club comments section tonight. I don't see the reason for fury. Is Bryan Cranston going to be pelted with tomatoes or something? It's just elitist fanboyism.

Edited by DRW50