The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Holy Sh!t! Those ratings are kickass. 8.2 in the key demo is record breaking and makes TWD the highest rated show, it is higher than football and it was up against one of most popular NFL pairings, Cowboys/Washington. Blows me away. Crazy!

Gimple said on TD that he was not going there with Daryl/Beth.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I want Michonne to somehow adopt Carl somehow without dating or sleeping with or marrying or touching Rick (who always looks like he just rolled around in grease).

I didn't think this episode was slow at all, a lot happened with a ton of characters. It didn't feel any slower than episodes from last season with Andrea (R.I.H.) and the Governor. I had the perfect word for it last night but I felt like last night was less...deliberate than usual? You know how shows get when they've entered their 4th or 5th season, where the crew and the actors know where to shoot and how to shoot and scenes are done quickly and sort of clipped (whereas a show like Breaking Bad (sob) treated every episode like a mini movie)? I'm probably not explaining myself well. Anyway, the show did it's job but not much more yet I feel like they were reaching for more in the past.

• Members

Thank God! You've made me very happy.

I loved what I saw of Carl/Michonne.

R.I.H. :lol:

Agreed--I thought it was a perfect balance between action, character moments and catching up with all the changes. All wrapped in wonderful tension and a great cliffhanger.

• Members

I agree this show could use a bigger budget. AMC financially screwed TWD and Breaking Bad for Mad Men, which I find laughable. Even more so when Kurt Sutter rants about it on Twitter. I actually enjoy Med Men, but it's so obvious that they backed the wrong horse financially.

I'm guessing that HBO rethought their policy at some point, after turning down TWD. Just a guess.

• Members

Yeah, AMC has been nickel-and-diming their premiere hits from the start (including Mad Men at one point, and I don't care much for that show). They claim to want to play in the big leagues but act like they're running TBS, or still running the old Roy Rogers Westerns that TCM doesn't want like they did back in the '90s and early 2000s. It's ridiculous.

I have a terrible feeling that

• Members

I think TWD would have been much stronger on HBO also. The cinematograpy and set quality would have been much better. Of course, fewer people would be watching because the subscription price.

I don't buy that HBO passed on TWD because of the violence as much as the zombie/fantasy was likely too much for them. I will never forget that HBO exec dissing GOT in the NY Times, saying in effect that they did not want to known as the sci fantasy network. Clearly, HBO is not a fan of shows like True Blood and GOT. It wants be known for its serious dramas like when it had the Sopranos, The Wire, and Six Feet Under.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

There was no time to shoot Zak. The walkers were on top of them. They had to get out or die. It is one of the many horrible choices that people have to make in the Zombie-Apocalypse.

I think Rick left the woman to die which was ridiculous, but Rick is barely holding it together.

• Members

Yeah. I couldn't see leaving that woman to die as a mercy. It's not like she'd have any real idea that she was with her Walker husband anyway. Damn. I can't blame Rick either though. He was meat to be a good guy. Shane was right about that much.

Having the Walkers fall from the roof really brought home the idea that you are never safe.

• Members

Yeah, Gimple pointed that out on TD. They did everything right in clearing that store and still the walkers came unexpectedly came through the roof. Danger is ever present in their lives.

It is a lesson to us fans who always say about our survivors, "they should have... If I was there, I woud have..." The truth is that when society breaks down, when there is no government or hot showers or regular access to food and danger lurks at every corner, most of us would be hapless and desperate. Only sociopaths like Shane and Phillip can prosper in those circumstances.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Yeah. I very much doubt I would have the fortitude to survive the breakdown of society even without Walkers. I used to watch Revolution and I never thought I could make it in that world either. I can only imagine how bad women would have it, especially a pretty young thing like Beth or Maggie. Hell, no!

• Members

I don't think I'd make it in Revolution because I would want to shoot most of the main characters.

The weird thing about the end of the world universes are that people who may think they're weak often survive the longest, while people who are in many ways strong (like Shane) just can't take it mentally.

• Members

That's one thing that makes Carol interesting to me. She's become a very different person. I can't even imagine her standing back and letting her husband beat or bully her now. I thought for sure that she would crumble when Sophia died, but she took it better than Andrea who basically chose to die after her sister's death.

Oh, and I'm on board with a Rick/Michonne pairing. I think they might be floating the possibility. Seeing how fans react. I love that she is on the hunt for Phillip. I just pray that when she finds him, she comes out on top.