DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Television Magazine August 1967

Tom Donnelly, writing in the Washington Daily News of a news conference with Macdonald Carey,who plays Dr Tom Horton on an afternoon soap opera for NBC "Days of Our Life" quotes him as saying:

"For a time we tried attacking social problems on our show. We talked about cancer and abortions and were going to do something on water pollution. But those things just didn't grab our audience. Anyway, in doing research we found that a great source of water pollution is detergents and that is why we decided to forget about water pollution"

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here are the weekly recaps for her short stint as headwriter.

October 18 to 22, 1999
Bo was upset with Shawn, formerly known as Shawn-D, for running away from boarding school, but admitted he was happy Shawn was home. At Salem High School, Philip Kiriakis and Shawn were both attracted to Belle. Craig boasted to Nancy that he was a hero after performing surgery that saved Sami's injured leg. Austin fumed to find Lucas in Sami's room, trying to get her to sign over joint custody of Will. Kate lashed out at Nicole after preventing Will from drinking Nicole's glass of booze. Kurt refused to release Hope, who was Gina's captive. Stefano was stunned when "Ilse" revealed that she was Gina. Greta spied Nicole and Eric at the hospital and got the wrong impression. Greta and Eric made plans to go out on their first date.

October 25 to 29, 1999
Kurt was relieved Gina survived a fall from a bridge during a struggle with Stefano. Kurt prevented Hope's escape, but realized she had heard Stefano lie to Kurt that Gina had taken off for parts unknown. Kurt was unaware Gina had gone to Salem and was pretending to be Hope. Hope/Gina insisted Bo go after Shawn, who felt left out during Hope/Gina and Bo's reunion. During their charity boxing match, Brandon nearly beat Austin to death when he was reminded of the times his father had beaten him.

November 1 to 5, 1999
Stefano and Rolf set off the transformation laser. The real Hope tried to swim her way to freedom, only to be overcome by the laser. After being rescued by a fisherman, she awoke with no memory and was shocked to hear Kurt call himself her husband.

November 8 to 12, 1999
Brandon thanked Lexie for bailing him out of jail, which did not please Abe. Sami visited Austin in the hospital, angering Kate, but did not seem to bother Carrie. Vivian, disguised as Dr. Su Lee visited Victor in the nursing home, determined to find the truth about his "illness." Gina, pretending to be Hope, spied on John and Marlena. An amnesiac Hope, meanwhile, thought she was Kurt's wife. Mimi asked Shawn to the dance, on bended knee. Gina, masquerading as Hope, pretended to let Marlena hypnotize her.

Edited by Sindacco

• Members

This is part of the Variety Show that was held as a fund raiser for University Hospital in the 70s. The uploader says it's from 1978 but I believe it may actually be from 1978.

And this is when Doug's Place was moved and renamed Doug's Place on the Lake. This is opening night. The uploader says this is also from 1978. But I think it must be 1979 or 1980, when Doug was still married to Lee but wanting to get back with Julie. Doug sings "The Look of Love," which was Doug and Julie's "song" since 1970.

• Members

That's such a wonderful bit at the end, where he's singing to Julie, plaintively, and then Lee struts in wearing her best bad saloon girl outfit, puncturing the air in the balloon. For all the talk of "soapy goodness," THAT is soap.

Everyone looks so beautiful too - Brenda Benet and SSH really take your breath away.

I have a feeling if I'd seen that David story I would have hated it.

This must have been very early Liz. I always read that she was the only new character brought in during that period who was popular with fans. I wonder if that's true.

I guess that was right near the end for Barbara Stanger's Mary.

• 2 weeks later...