DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The second article is about Days and its actors winning the annual fan poll. Some may not remember (or know) that Bill Hayes went to the top of the polls before Susan Seaforth did. As much as I adore Susan, I feel sometimes that Bill gets short shrift from the show.

IMG_zpsa9605ebe.jpgIMG_0005_zps9e2ee48d.jpg3a998406-428c-44cc-ad2b-cf611f4aa42c_zps

• Members

I would love to see it again. And I only got to see it when I was out of school (meaning elementary through high school) so I didn't see everything. I realize now how spoiled I was when I see the cast Days had when I first started watching (plus Bill Bell as the writer). By the way, I'm fairly certain that the picture of Julie in Doug's lap is from the episode that started out with Doug and Julie planning to elope to Portofino, Italy, after Julie divorced Scott, and ended with Doug accepting Addie's marriage proposal. Doug and Addie ended up using the plane tickets to Portofino.

• Members

Yes, and Doug and Julie had gotten the tickets for each other the previous Christmas, lol. Julie had told Doug it was over that day when they argued about taking David with them to Italy (Doug didn't want to). She called him later to say she was sorry but it was too late, he'd married Addie. I remember Doug and Addie being shown on the plane and Julie was shown throwing things around her apartment. I was so furious with Addie for doing that to her daughter but I don't remember being mad at Doug. I suppose because he was a bit of a rascal at the time so his behavior didn't surprise me as much.

• Members

Tom and Alice were great people but most of their children were messed up in some way. Tommy was probably the most well-adjusted. I think Addie had some regrets about her first marriage. Doug seemed exciting to her after being married to a stuffy banker, although the banker provided well for her. She seemed very snooty to me at first but Doug loosened her up. Before they got married she always called him "Mr. Williams" in sort of a sarcastic tone and then after they got married she would call him that in an affectionate manner. I wanted Doug and Julie together but I did like Doug and Addie too, and Doug genuinely loved her in the end.

• Members

Jam6242 - Thanks for posting all of those articles! I enjoyed reading them. I was surprised that the Peters family was so abundant. I remember Greg and Amanda fondly. I remember a episode of Days where they had Peter Brown do his famous fast gun draw routine from when he was in that western tv show. It was pretty cool.

• Members

You're welcome. Peter Brown was on Days longer than I realized too even though I was watching at the time. I read his autobiography recently and his heart didn't seem to be in acting on soaps no matter how long he was on them. He definitely preferred the westerns.