DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

What was the deal with Susan Oliver as Laura? Flannery left big shoes to fill and obviously Oliver didn't work out. does anyone know more as to why her stint was short lived and unsuccessful?

Once Bill/ Laura and Mickey/Maggie were married off there was never any strong story for them.

One question I have covcerns Maggie's paralysis. At what age was she paralyzed? I ask this,cos I wondered if they could have brought in a child for her that perhaps was given away due to her condition. That would have opened up a can of worms,especially if Maggie was reunited with the child and the father...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From the March 31, 1981 Digest. SOD Publishing Inc The cast celebrate the show's 15th anniversary, and Joe Gallison gets married. This issue also has an interview with Joe. I will type it up if anyone is interested.

11-06-2010055416PM5.jpg

11-06-2010055416PM9.jpg

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I believe the last time Dougie's name was mentioned was around 1986/1987 when Doug returned to Salem without Julie. Dougie is mentioned in a scene between Doug & Hope. I saw the scene recently on youtube. It was several years before Doug learned that Dougie was his son, after Rebecca was killed (in a plane crash I believe). Hope & Dougie had been playmates when they were small, before they knew they were siblings. Rebecca & Johnny took Dougie away for awhile. I seem to recall that Hope missed her playmate & substituted her doll for a real baby in a carriage at a playground (and took the real baby home!).

• Members

Thanks for filling us in about that. I'm glad they remembered him even at that late date, but I don't get why they didn't have him come back later on. How about bringing him back now and having him with a chip on his shoulder and he takes Hope further to the dark side?