DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members
Posted (edited)

So, I’m watching 1988 right now and I just learned that Alex was conceived on a hay stack in Neil’s stables 

Plus, I gotta admit that these scenes of Jane and Wally together made me feel a little uncomfortable

Please register in order to view this content

But it also shows how impossible (and ridiculous) it is for everyone to believe that Victor is Alex’s father because at that moment and pretty much the entire time that Angelica was able to get pregnant, Victor was in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound. 

So, unless Justin now believes that Angelica drugged Victor or something and then climbed on for a ride, it’s not possible for anyone to believe this. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

It's not offensive. It is an opinion which I happen to agree with. Fan campaigns can work if the show made the decision they are campaigning to reverse. Without going into specifics, there are other reasons Bo and Hope aren't on the show, and it isn't because DAYS doesn't want them.

• Webmaster

To be clear, I'm not saying fans can't campaign on something they believe in, but they should at least know the facts behind certain decisions. We can't always blame the show or the network for things.

• Members
Posted (edited)

My opinion of twitter/X campaigns and fan wars is the same as Disney-adults, they are both childish.  A healthy distance is a much more satisfying approach to fandom.  Shows don't need to bend to my sensibility, nor do I need to feel that I shaped the creative effort.  A mature ego respects boundaries and knows that para-social relationships are not a substitute for sharing opinions amongst peers.

And taking opposite opinions personally does not promote an entertaining debate amongst informed adults.

Edited by j swift

• Members

There is no way that from the outside one could know what they do or do not know. That's why I said it was an assumption.

Saying that someone is delusional when you don't know anything about what they do or do not know or even intend, to me, smacks of some fans trying to judge other people's fandom. There is a long history of fans communicating to shows about what they want to see. Are we now to think that all of those fans providing feedback have all been suffering under some mental defect? Having delusions is a serious psychological issue. It's not the same as saying you think someone's efforts are misguided. Delusions go hand in hand with hallucinations.

• Members

To me fan campaigns have little in common with fan wars. I have no idea what you are talking about "Disney-adults." But I completely disagree that fan campaigns are childish or immature. Fan wars, sure, they are. I do happen to agree with you when it comes to some unusual fan activity when they are trying to take credit for what is actually the show's actions. Now here, I don't understand your point about opposite opinions in debate. In constructive discussion & debate a whole range of opinions can be accounted for.