DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bo/Hope truly had some of the worst stories after KA returned.  The Princess Gina rehashes and inserting Billie and Carly just never worked.  Even when stories had potential it seemed a regime change would happen and things would get rewritten or scrapped for them.  Post 1994, the only story I thought was strong for them was the baby switch and they ended up killing off Zach and J.T. was never heard of again, so it ended up having little long term effect. 

Going further into it, KA seemed to flounder in most stories away from Bo, while PR/RKK proved Bo could stand on his own a little easier, so I think the defacto storyline for them was break them up over something stupid then get them back together after a few months/years.  

• Members
FROM THE VAULT: EPISODES TAPED 50 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK...

Here's a look at the cast of the five "Days" episodes that taped 50 years ago this week, from May 1-May 5, 1972:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

I had thought that Steve Burton might have played Alan Harris. Then when they announced that he was Harris Michaels I knew he wasn't. By then I had Sami's rape & revenge in my head so I refreshed myself on it @Jason47 found a video where someone had edited all the scenes into one tape. Voila! I thought I'd pass along the URL in case anyone else wants to revisit what an absolute arsehole Alan Harris is. Sami's Rape & Revenge Upon Alan Harris

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Lingering Questions:
DOOL/Y&R: Why does the Corday family corporation own 1% of Y&R?

DOOL/Y&R: Many people *guess* that it was a decision that was made between Bill Bell Sr. & Betty Corday when he left DOOL HWing to go do his own new show.

Mark Harding @MarkHToo
Replying to @shallotpeel
I know the first one: To allow Bill Bell to cancel his #Days contract and start #YR, (a) Cordays got a percentage of #YR, and (b) Bill agreed to co-write for a period of years. I don't think this is speculation, but I'd have to go back to sources.

Adding: Bell Sr. did HW both shows for a period of 2 years.

(2012) “The Young and Restless Life of William J. Bell”, Sourcebooks, Napierville IL, page 76
Edited by Tonksadora
Adding source.

• Members

I recall reading that Corday was in the process of suing Bell which is how they wound up with a percentage of the new show.

Susan was such a striking looking woman. But this shows how silly it was for Frances Reid to be playing her grandmother - way too young.

• Members

The answer doesn't mention said lawsuit, although I have heard that also, just that an agreement was reached with 2 bullet points to it - that Corday would own a stake & that Bell Sr. would still write DOOL for a time period.

IRL he HW 2 shows for 2 yrs. IBM Selectric made of STEEL!